The simFlight Network Forums

No International Terminal

707FAN

Running ymml the other night I noticed that 2 Jetstar departure did not spawn.

MEL,CGO,788,JQ,67,12:00,14:30.1.JQ

MEL,HKT,788,JQ,17,12:00,14:50,1,JQ

Looking at the log, it shows  "Airplane dropped, no international terminal JST67" , same for JST 17. Without checking I assume all the JST arriving intl flights get dropped as well.

There was space at the international terminal in both cases.

Ques, how does the program know that these flights require the use of the international terminal? Terminal 2 in the case of ymml, and how do you get the aircraft to operate out of terminal 2 without changing the ICAO, IATA code to fool the program.

I notice that all the QF internationsl flights depart and arrive at the QF domestic terminal (term 1). I can live with that.  

Attached is the log, and terminal .txt.

Jetstar intl no terminal log ymml_terminal.txt

Kev, don’t take the international phrase too literally - as a matter of fact you should ignore it. Again, it basically just indicates a dropped departure because no gate/terminal is available. 

We covered this topic in a similar thread you started a few months ago. 
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87510-no-international-terminal-found/

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, crbascott said:

We covered this topic in a similar thread you started a few months ago. 
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87510-no-international-terminal-found/

@crbascott and @hexzed I am loosing the plot. Sorry.

I will make up a private ICAO n  IATA codes for JST international and put them into the Scheduel file & the terminal file. 

Kev

On 12/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, hexzed said:

There isn't any heavy gates in the Jetstar/Virgin terminals, that be why

OK, I have now given Jetstar 788 flights new ICAO & IATA codes and assigned them to Terminal 2, (Intl term). They spawn but as expected are white.

I am trying to understand the purpose of having the Jetstar 788 in RC but not having a heavy gate at the Jetstar terminal as quoted above to accommodate them. How are we supposed to get Jetstar 788's to arrive n depart without doing what I have done with the codes & terminal file?

I appreciate that there is a huge amount of time  and effort put into producing the DLC airports and the RC files but to me having an A/C type that is common at the A/P and not having a gate to accomodate them is a big oversite.

Ques, is it possible to modify the RC file to pick up the amended ICAO/IATA codes to get the livery back.

Kev

I'm guessing it was a communication error or similar between Nyerges design and Feel There. @Pedantic G or @battlehawk77will know better.

I have assigned Jetstar and Virgin to Terminal 2 as well as their own terminal, it at least keeps the livery

I would suggest an SP including 1 heavy gate in terminal 3 and 4 would be adequate.

In regards to modifying the RC file, no it can't be done

Ben

I an sure I will be proved wrong but in real world there are no heavy gates at Melbourne at Term 3 and 4 and it appears the developers mirrored this in the DLC.

Watching airport Ops all the heavies seem to go from the International terminal (Term 2) and as @hexzedhas stated you do need to add Jetstar and Virgin Aus to Term 2 to get their heavies to spawn. Not ideal but I think you will find @battlehawk77did this in his custom schedules again I could be wrong but not near my gaming PC to check at present.

The downside is that you CANNOT restrict gates on this game to Heavy only (as the development team tell me everytime I mention this!), so you will get other Virgin and Jetstar flights in Term 2 as well. This is an issue at ALL airports and will not be fixed in this version of the game as as we all know development has stopped in favour of the new version and this issue is on the wishlist to be fixed.

I have run @battlehawk77 snippets with this terminal amendment config and all works fine. 

I will add the requirement to add at least a couple of heavy gates to Term 3 and 4 to any Melbourne SP list IF one is planned.

Message Ends!

UPDATE 16/12/19 Added to fix list

My solution was, as a response on Pete's Custom schedule

Thanks for the schedule, some little things I changed (of course I did)

I also put QFA in Terminal 2, Terminal 1 only has two Heavy gates, and QFA tends to have more

Talking about Heavy gates... T3 and T4 don't have any, while both VOZ and JST do send heavies here.. workaround is to use the cargo-terminal for those...

42 minutes ago, hexzed said:

The issue I see with using the cargo terminal is all the Virgin and Jetstar narrow bodies trundling down to the bottom of the map, or spawning there. However the same can be said for terminal 2, so each to their own.

I'd rather not have the narrowbodies taking all those sweet Big gates 🙂

Luckily some will only spawn there, arrivals just goto the normal terminal

Thanks for all the replies and they say what I thought the situation is.

To operate YMML realistically, all the international flights should operateo to/from term 2 as it is the only one with CIQ facilities.

I will put up with the white Jetstar 788's  to have them spawn. (pretend they are leased A/c without the Jestar livery)

I think the following is already in the wishlist for the next gen tower.

"The facility of separating operators flights to go to designated terminals where they operate domestic and intnl flights."

Kev