The simFlight Network Forums

DALLAS-FORT WORTH [KDFW] IS AVAILABLE

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Controllers,

After some delays KDFW is available for purchase on Steam and on our websites (www.atcsuite.com and www.feelthere.com). Please note due to the limitation of the Control Window only a certain number of runways can be displayed that might limit the use without voice recognition.

Likely this will our last airport release of the year. However if you are also like our airplane add-ons please stay tuned and make sure to sign up to our newsletter. Who knows Santa might bring some surprise release before Christmas (no promises as always) 🙂 .

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CL30 said:

@vic

I don't use voice.  Can you tell us which runways will be unusable?  Thanks.

13R is the only one missing from the in game Control Panel to select in game play.

Capture.thumb.PNG.0ef37c2f17187da7605e462eca821779.PNG

However, you can select it when starting the game and it will accept it in game play via voice or via type command (ie Enter final runway 13R)

• Like 1

Good point by @Pedantic G, the runway is still usable @CL30 - you'll just have to type it in manually. 

I think it would have been better to leave 13L off the command panel because the only time it would be used is during the rare occurrence of extreme crosswind operations where the 17s and 18s are "closed".  During normal operations, 13L is never used. In contrast, 13R is used quite often for landings in south flow along with 17C, 17L,  and 18R.

Maybe they can tweak this if an SP is needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Good point by @Pedantic G, the runway is still usable @CL30 - you'll just have to type it in manually. 

I think it would have been better to leave 13L off the command panel because the only time it would be used is during the rare occurrence of extreme crosswind operations where the 17s and 18s are "closed".  During normal operations, 13L is never used. In contrast, 13R is used quite often for landings in south flow along with 17C, 17L,  and 18R.

Maybe they can tweak this if an SP is needed. 

Unfortunately this is not customizable per airport, there is no way to leave out any runways from the command window.

15 minutes ago, hartleecub said:

KDFW is playing without recognizing Real Color and Real Traffic and also doesn't display the traffic folder and schedule folder. Have reinstalled KDFW/RC and RT several times to no avail. Other airports work fine. Any ideas?

You mention reinstalling, but did you re-download RT to get the latest version (sp6v18)?

crbascsott, thank you - that did the trick. I had the version right before sp6v18. I also like your recommendations for an update for the airport. Although I retired 14 years ago after flying as an airline pilot out of this airport since the year it opened, I appreciate the efforts to keep it up to date. We've come a long way since 17L/R and 13L (which was numbered that way on Jepp charts before 13R was even built.)