The simFlight Network Forums

KDFW - Dallas Forth Worth International - Real Traffic Schedule - Autumn 2019

battlehawk77

1938313131_dfwtitle.jpg.8cb08623adde5f7d0dc19f5e2d1b029e.jpg

Howdy, y'all!

I'm pleased to share with you the latest in my series of real traffic schedules: KDFW - Dallas- Fort Worth International.

As with my other schedules, you'll get to experience a week of air traffic in northeast Texas. You will see what the controllers saw.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, and this airport is no exception. In the first half of 2019, DFW was the 11th busiest airport in the world in terms of passengers, serving just over 36 million people in that six-month span. In the US, it is the second-largest airport by land area, behind Denver.
Dallas has been a hub for American Airlines since 1981. It accounts for over 68% of the airport's passenger traffic. DFW also serves as a hub for Boutique Air, Ameriflight, and UPS, while Spirit and Sun Country each have it as a focus city.
Along with the hefty amount of passenger traffic, there is also a largo amount of air cargo that come in daily, including FedEx, UPS, and Amazon's Prime Air, along with a small amount of GA traffic.

1174169630_KDFWdailytrafficgraph.png.e53aa44d42886e2c578606f85c48e3db.png

As always, every effort has been made to use existing Real Color aircraft and liveries. There may be a few white aircraft, but, for the most part, you will find Dallas to be a colorful place!

Like with my previous offerings, you will find, within the main KDFW-battlehawk77-Autumn 2019 folder, a folder for each day of the week, along with snippet file folders within each day to allow you a smoother and more robust traffic feel.

Also included is a listing of the GA operators, a PDF taxi chart, graphic and text files of the traffic levels for each day, and a text file within each day folder of the hourly traffic breakdown.

It is recommended to place the KDFW-battlehawk77-Autumn 2019 folder in your main KDFW folder, then copy and paste the files needed (after you back up the originals, of course). It is also HIGHLY recommended to review the included Readme file, as it contains important operational information, along with where you need to put the included files for best results.

If you have any questions, comments, or notice any bugs, please feel free to message me here or on Discord.

Y'all enjoy!

-Gavin (battlehawk77)

KDFW-battlehawk77-Autumn 2019-v1.11.zip

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Wow!  That was fast.  Thank you!

Andrew

Gavin is part of the ND team and is able to work on custom made schedules before airport releases. It's something new they've been doing for the last couple of airports that have come out. Thats why it looks like a fast schedule release but its to give only the best experience for us. Thanks Gavin & the ND team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashman99 said:

Gavin is part of the ND team and is able to work on custom made schedules before airport releases. It's something new they've been doing for the last couple of airports that have come out. Thats why it looks like a fast schedule release but its to give only the best experience for us. Thanks Gavin & the ND team

Though I wish I were, that isn't quite accurate. I've been helping ND and FT with testing of the airport. 🙂

@battlehawk77 Gavin, you mentioned in your summary for your schedule that Amazon Prime Cargo flights fly into KDFW. However, I looked at Gary's master list that he just posted and it doesn't look like they added Amazon Prime Cargo as a repaint for KDFW. Is that one of the white planes you mentioned about? Or do you know if Gabor added the Prime Cargo repaint but listed it as a different cargo name in the master list (as I know sometimes they mix in with Atlas Air)?

Ashton

First of all, many thank for your schedules. 

The schedule for DFW works fine only on Sunday and Monday. The other days it only loads to 63 %. It seems to be that on the other days the md11 cargos have a wrong aircraft code. It should be "M1F" instead of "D1F", I think. After renaming all works fine now. This is for hourly and full day schedules.

Thank you

On 12/17/2019 at 10:20 AM, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

so there r no planes then that have the amazon prime logo for cargo flights?

Hi AlaskaGuy,

Nope the 2 ATN planes in the manifest are not in the Amazon Prime livery (Gavin did ask for this but it appears the standard one was applied to the new cargo variant) .Have noted for any further RC requirements for upcoming airports to add the Amazon Prime one if we can)

Also in testing this one today spotted that the line code in the KDFW_airlines file is incorrect and any ATN flights will not spool. This should be amended to the following to work:

ATN, 8C, AIR TRANSPORT, Air Transport International, United States

@battlehawk77 has already updated his custom schedule files to reflect this as per his posting earlier

@nyergesdesign(Gabor) please note to amend your RT file to reflect this if and when you update the RT for any schedule update if you are doing one.

ATN_76F.PNG

ATN_76Y.PNG

• Like 1

From the readme file:

1. Unzip contents of the KDFW-battlehawk77.zip file. 

2. Back up your existing schedule, gaandlocaltraffic, terminal, airplane, airport, and airlines files.

3. Copy the terminal, airports, airplanes, and airlines files from the main KDFW-battlehawk77 folder to the KDFW folder.

4. Copy the schedule files from whichever day (or hour) you want to control, along with the day's gaandlocaltraffic file.

5. Start up Tower!3D and enjoy the challenge!

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

1) Are you using the snippets or a full days schedule when installing the schedule you want to play? If on MP, then you must use snippets otherwise you won't be able to get started.

2) Double check that the files are installed in the correct places.

3) Are you both on reliable internet connections?