The simFlight Network Forums

KDFW - Dallas Forth Worth International - Real Traffic Schedule - Autumn 2019

battlehawk77

9 minutes ago, xmrjordyx said:

1: We are using the full day. Its better to select a starting time?

This sounds like the issue to me. Make sure to select a start time on a particular day rather than the full days schedule 🙂

In terms of installation: The readme file provided by battlehawk is top notch so I doubt you may have installed it wrong - If it works in SP (single player) then it is more than likely because of the latter (the time snippet we mentioned).

2 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

This sounds like the issue to me. Make sure to select a start time on a particular day rather than the full days schedule 🙂

In terms of installation: The readme file provided by battlehawk is top notch so I doubt you may have installed it wrong - If it works in SP (single player) then it is more than likely because of the latter (the time snippet we mentioned).

Okay sounds fair. If we use 0800, what happends if we reach in game time 0900?

1 hour ago, pete_agreatguy said:

1) Are you using the snippets or a full days schedule when installing the schedule you want to play? If on MP, then you must use snippets otherwise you won't be able to get started.

Snippets are better, but they are not required for multiplayer. Back when I used to play this game, we used full schedules all the time.

21 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Snippets are better, but they are not required for multiplayer.

This is absolutely correct, but I do have the subjective impression that T!3D is quite sensitive to dynamically provided bandwidth. It doesn't matter once you're in the game, but last year's experience shows that the shorter the schedules are, the fewer interruptions during loading. At least that's what I noticed. I could be wrong, though.

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

This is absolutely correct, but I do have the subjective impression that T!3D is quite sensitive to dynamically provided bandwidth. It doesn't matter once you're in the game, but last year's experience shows that the shorter the schedules are, the fewer interruptions during loading. At least that's what I noticed. I could be wrong, though.

It’s possible. However, I built several one hour challenge schedules for the Discord users and people still had lost connection issues. 

Ironically, I probably had more connection issues with my North American brethren than folks In Europe and Australia.

@FeelThere seems to be going down the improvement road very well so hopefully multiplayer connectivity will be addressed also.