The simFlight Network Forums

Deleting a profile

I have a Registered copy of the latest version of FSUIPC. I have just converted my INI file from "use profiles =Yes" to "use profiles = files". If I want to delete a profile do I need to delete if from both the INI file and the sub folder or just one? Thanks for your help. 

Rick

27 minutes ago, paddler said:

If I want to delete a profile do I need to delete if from both the INI file and the sub folder or just one?

Do you want to delete the profile altogether, or just dis-associate it from a specific aircraft?

If the latter then just remove the line with the aircraft name in it listed in the [Profile.XXX] section of the main INI file where XXX is the profile name.

If you really want to remove all trace of it you'd need to remove the entire [Profile.xxx] section. The related file in the Profiles folder will then be completely ignored and can be deleted if you've definitely no further use for it.

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for the very quick response.

I currently have a mixture of profiles. In some cases I have an aircraft specific profile (MilViz Beaver) and in other cases aircraft type (Single engine prop). I am using a PFC C2 Professional console with several different throttle quadrants and I now understand that if I set up aircraft type profiles (single engine prop / single engine turboprop etc) that FSUIPC will automatically keep axis assignments and calibrations for each throttle quadrant eliminating the need for me to re-calibrate using the PFC calibration program each time I change the throttle quadrant on the console. That being the case I want to set up only aircraft type profiles and assign aircraft to them and thus eliminate aircraft profiles.

Having thought about it again, I may be best off deleting my whole INI file and starting from scratch with a clean one to avoid any "legacy" issues if I don't delete fully some profiles. What do you advise as the safest option for a non programmer like me? If starting over do I just delete the whole FSUIPC5.INI from the Modules folder and run P3D to regenerate it again without the profiles?

Thanks again.

Rick

3 hours ago, paddler said:

If starting over do I just delete the whole FSUIPC5.INI from the Modules folder and run P3D to regenerate it again without the profiles?

Well you'd need to delete the Profiles folder as well as the INI file, but, yes, FSUIPC would revert to standard default option settings and you could start again.

But if you already have a lot invested in some of your profiles, the only with more generic application, then following my advice in my earlier reply is very safe.

Pete