The simFlight Network Forums
hexzed

Retro RC, is the community interested?

Retro RC, Yes or NO?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gabor from @nyergesdesign has requested that the community be asked to vote whether they would like a Retro RC pack to be released.

There will be the standard fee for this pack, no different to any other RC pack

Real traffic planes will be updated for free, however no schedule will be released

If the poll is positive, the attached  24 liveries will be created PLUS the community will be able to request liveries to add (details and guidelines will be posted on a new thread)

Gabor would like to thank @EliGrimfor initiating the pack, and providing the core idea for which airlines and plane types to include

Any questions please ask

Poll will close 1 week from now

Thanks

Ben

RETRO RC.xlsx

• Like 1

I would support purchasing a retro RC pack. I think the list that Eligrim provided is wonderful and includes great retro airlines. If it was me I would go all in on TWA since I love that airliner. However, since that probably isnt the most ideal situation, lol I'd vote to see Air Cal in one of their 737 models or their old md-80 Models. That would be a cool addition to the list if considered.

1 minute ago, hexzed said:

You will get your chance, when and if the poll turns out to be yes 😃

Yeah I saw your specifics about requesting liveries right after I posted lol. That ones on me! My bad!

• Like 1

A few years ago I suggested taking the retro livery concept a step farther and model up the aircraft from the '60s to include Connies, Convairs, Electras, DC-7s and the early jets like the 707, 880 and 990.

4 hours ago, hartleecub said:

A few years ago I suggested taking the retro livery concept a step farther and model up the aircraft from the '60s to include Connies, Convairs, Electras, DC-7s and the early jets like the 707, 880 and 990.

+1

Vic

53 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

to bad we couldnt get like a retro airport 

an also have the concorde 

Look close at LAX and PHL. May not be retro but definitely older versions. 
😀

• Haha 2

I wasn't referring to the cost - that's not an issue at all. I just think the Concorde would help sell it. As a non-retro guy there is nothing in the original list (I'm not slamming the original list by any means) that makes me say "I gotta have this". The Concorde would at least make me think about it. 

• Like 1

This could be interesting as some of the A/P's have changed since those days also getting schedules might be interesting. I wonder how many old timetables are floating around in peoples houses tucked away in drawers, cupboards etc. Some really interesting items might come to light.

Nothing like a good old 707 or a DC8 trailing lots of black exhaust smoke behind it. I wonder if that will be simulated

Kev

5 hours ago, 707FAN said:

This could be interesting as some of the A/P's have changed since those days also getting schedules might be interesting. I wonder how many old timetables are floating around in peoples houses tucked away in drawers, cupboards etc. Some really interesting items might come to light.

Nothing like a good old 707 or a DC8 trailing lots of black exhaust smoke behind it. I wonder if that will be simulated

Kev

It will be interesting to see what anybody can come up with schedule wise. In regards to trailing smoke, don't hold your breath 😉

I think this is a really great idea.  Although I think this is something that should be in the next version as the current version only allow one and only one schedule at a time.  Every time REal Traffic updates it overwrites all existing schedules.  This will be a great feature once multiple schedules and liveries are implemented in a way to better support retro schedules/liveries. 

5 hours ago, VenturaGuy101 said:

I think this is a really great idea.  Although I think this is something that should be in the next version as the current version only allow one and only one schedule at a time.  Every time REal Traffic updates it overwrites all existing schedules.  This will be a great feature once multiple schedules and liveries are implemented in a way to better support retro schedules/liveries. 

I just save all my files in a separate folder so that once I update RT or RC then I can simply copy and paste the old files that I had for the previous airports without skipping a beat being frustrated that I lost all previous work. I suggest doing something similar in your case.

@VenturaGuy101 & @ashman99  & anyone who cares 😁I have 3 master files, master airplanes.txt, master airports.txt & master airlines.txt.  When a new RT is released I park the new files in a seperate folder. I then compare the new files to my master files and amend the master files accordingly. I then use the master files as the relative files in the airports, renamed of course. The main trick is to make sure you use the new airplanes manifest files that come with the new  RT version and dont attempt to amend them at all. 

This keeps the master files up to date & doesnt overwrite any esisting files,especially custom terminal & schedule files. Just copy the master files accross to the airports and rename them.

Kev