The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon!2012 Airspace Editor map problem

Gil

I am trying to use the Airspace Editor but I am having a problem that can best be understood with a video:

As you can see when a change is made in the map window old data is not erased, so the map becomes cluttered with junk.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? I'm not sure what to do to resolve the problem.

Gil

The "SHOW:TRUE" attribute causes objects to be show only if the "SHOW:TRUE" custom parameter is set for it. Otherwise objects will be show even if that custom parameter is set. Waypoints is what I want to see, only not as clutter.

I can clear the clutter by minimizing and then restoring the Window as I demonstrated in the video, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Firstly, that's one heck of a desktop background you have there.

Secondly, I definitely see your issue now. Fortunately, I do not have nor have I ever experienced that problem. Unfortunately for you, it is probably something specific to your system. Considering the age of Tracon, maybe your system is too good. Who knows, but an obvious troubleshooting step would be to adjust graphics settings to see if that changes anything. 

Thirdly, I got nuthin'. Just wanted to say thirdly. 😀

Again, good luck with this.

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

Firstly, that's one heck of a desktop background you have there.

Isn't it? Reminds me of a Peacock. It's just one of many backgrounds I get from a Bing wallpaper app.

Secondly, I definitely see your issue now. Fortunately, I do not have nor have I ever experienced that problem. Unfortunately for you, it is probably something specific to your system. Considering the age of Tracon, maybe your system is too good. Who knows, but an obvious troubleshooting step would be to adjust graphics settings to see if that changes anything. 

I finally found the right settings to make it work. I just hadn't gone back for enough in the compatibility modes. This setting did the trick.

12.14.2019-05.40.51

Thirdly, I got nuthin'. Just wanted to say thirdly. 

It's always good to have a third point. 😀

Thanks for the feedback.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, alphacoder101 said:

Please reply ASAP

ASAP? Did it ever help to rush people in a forum?

9 hours ago, alphacoder101 said:

How to draw dotted lines while making new sector?

Once you have selected sectors from the drop-down list, you can select an existing one in the field below and move the purple points or the last added point (red) with the left mouse button pressed.
For a new sector, click Add, assign a name (ID) and add points, either clockwise or counterclockwise with the right mouse button. The dashed lines are drawn automatically.
Dotted lines work on the same principle, except that you select Dotted line, the placement of the points is started only after the second click, the points are more difficult to recognize and you must not forget to activate the Don't Hide checkbox. Dotted lines do not have to (cannot) be closed, meaning that the first point can not be connected to the last point, as far as I know.