The simFlight Network Forums

Install fails - error 1332

Hi,

this is a common problem - the solution has been posted in many posts... You can manually edit the Modules folder permissions yourself to allow full access, by right clicking on the folder properties:  select Security-->Edit-> Add, enter Everyone as the object name, then 'Check Names' and 'OK'. Then give 'Full Control' to the 'Everyone' group just added.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Think I'll add a FAQ entry for this problem, even though most users don't check there before posting...!

On 12/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, willy648 said:

No entry in the 'addons' menu in P3D.

There is a FSUIPC section in the DLL.XML (appdata\roaming) with the correct path. Nothing in the EXE.XML files. FSUIPC5.DLL is present in the modules map.

Do you mean the "modules map" showing what DLLs are running in P3D?

It sounds like there's a problem occurring after FSUIPC has started. Please check the Modules folder for the FSUIPC5.INI and FSUIPC5.LOG files. If they are there, then FSUIPC has started but can't get as far as adding its menu entry. Please show us the log itself (you can paste its contents into your message -- it is easier for us and you than uploading a file).

If there are no such files being made then FSUIPC cannot access the Modules folder, and we would be back to the permossions not being set correctly still, as John said earlier. This would mean that you didn't quite get the process correct. It might be that as well as what John says you need to also add EveryOne and full access in the Security tab of the folder properties.

One way of checking whether it is a permissions problem is to run P3D by right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator".

If FSUIPC is not even being loaded (by SimConnect) then we'd need a SimConnect log. There's a thread in the FAQ subforum which explains how to get one of those.

Pete

I found the problem although it is not resolved.

It looks like the dll.xml in \users\xx\appdata\roaming is not executed.  If I move the fsuipc entry to the dll.xml in \programdata, all is ok.  Also, I was in the understanding that the dll.xml file in the \users folder was dymanic, meaning it is recreated at each start of P3D. This is not happening. The search continue .....

DLL.XML from the \users\roaming folder.  It is NOT set as read-only.  'Everyone' has full access to both the folder and the file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>VAInterface</Name>
    <Disabled>true</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\VAInterface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim Sound</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\bin\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>true </Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>E:\prepar3d v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Disabled>true</Disabled>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

15 minutes ago, willy648 said:

DLL.XML from the \users\roaming folder.  It is NOT set as read-only.  'Everyone' has full access to both the folder and the file

I don't see anything wrong with the syntax, though it is easy to miss something (one reason I don't like XML -- it's too fussy, unlike INI or CFG files in plain parameter= format).

So are none of those add-ins being loaded?  I see that apart from FSUIPC there are still the Captain Sim sound and Carenavigraph ones enabled.

One test you can easily do: rename that DLL.XML so it can't be loaded, and re-run the FSUIPC Installer. It will make a clean new DLL.XML with only it included.

Pete

6 hours ago, willy648 said:

A clean dll.xml with just fsuipc works ! So it's one of the other entries causing the problem. Going to add them now one by one.

So it is not a fsuipc problem. Sorry for that and many thanks for your prompt support 👍

That's a relief, but we'd still like to know what you find, please!

Pete