The simFlight Network Forums

EJets V3:Tomato-Shade makes daytime cockpit too dark

Papa Golf

I use Tomato-Shade v31 with the RDPresets Tomato-Shade preset v1.8. After complaining a bit on another thread in this forum about the daytime lighting of the virtual cockpit, especially in overcast conditions, I've realised only a few others were having the same issue.  I completely restored all my original shaders, to effectively remove Tomatoshade and the cockpit was all good, even in overcast conditions!

After playing about a bit, I found you can still use the RDPresets Tomato-Shade preset with the EJets v3. Just make the following change to the profile. In the HDR & Post-processing options, ensure the Turn off HDR Luminance Adaption option is not ticked. This will adapt the contrast as you change views, rather like a camera, so the overhead panel will quickly become discernible, but then as you change back to a windscreen view, it will look over-exposed and then adjust. 

If anybody else can suggest alternative tweaks to Tomato-Shade, to 'fix' the 'cockpit too dark' issue, please just add to this topic.