The simFlight Network Forums

not able to get a 2D Panel with E-Jets 170-190 under P3Dv4.5

dmnunes

I have just installed the new E-Jets under P3Dv4.5. The installation seemed to be OK, but the first problem I met was that I was not able to get a 2D Panel with the "Change View" command: the result is a black screen. I hope you can help, as reading the control labels in the virtual panel is impossible.

Kind Regards,

Domingos

--

mods edit: subject line to reflect the question

Hello!

I should clarify the situation. My statement was not correct, in the way that the "black screen" is what I was getting with a previous version of the E-Jets, running P3Dv4.5. With an older version of P3D I would get the 2D Panel.

Now, with the new version of the E-Jets, selecting Change View/Cockpit/Cockpit and then Shift+1 I get the terminal view from inside the aircraft (with no part of the aircraft visible) and a message "No Panel is mapped to the Panel 1 key combination (Shift+1)…". On page 12 of the Manual there is a reference to the 2D Panel, with a picture of it, as I would like to see on my display. What am I missing?

Regards and Happy New Year!

Domingos

Just purchased this yesterday and have similar problem.

Running on P3D 4.5 and can't get the 2D panel view.

Like Domingos I find hitting Shift 1 gives me a list of pop ups but no reference to the main 2D panel. Sitting in the VC cockpit then scrolling through the other windows using "A" gives me various views but no 2D panel.

How do I get it?

I have no skins or repaints installed just the House version.

Regards

Tony

6 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

There are no 2D panels in this release of the Embraer. We will amend the manual accordingly.

Thank you

Vic

Vic

I am quite used to using VC only cockpits so no problem there. Except maybe reading all the fine text on the buttons is not so easy and you really have to get your seat in exactly the right height or you lose the set speed indicator. Guess I will manage ok now I know though not so sure how this will go down with the great many people who really like their 2D panels.

It does look like this was rushed out the door in a hurry if you don't mind me saying. Even the manual I had that has appeared in my Start menu Feel There section is in fact for version 2!

Seems you are sending out the wrong one with the download and we can only get the correct one (well it will be when you take out the 2D cockpit) is to download from your site.

Tony

Edited by tonyc1946
typo

• 1 month later...

It is understood that this version wasn't setup for the 2D panel. 

However, I think you were being asked for a way to get it back in.  An edit to the panel.cfg from a previous version would probably work.

I too am another person who prefers the 2D panels.  One reason is some people don't have all the turn and view or whatever its called to move your head around. 

Some ppl are using yokes and throttle quadrants and can't move around.............

Again, it is understood this version doesn't have the 2D, But it could.   I would make the change to my panel.cfg if I only had the original 2d from previous version.

OH!   one more thing.   The mini-panel does not show up.  that is sometimes a work around.  Bring up the 2d gauges and works well if you have a mini panel.  but hitting the W key doesn't bring it up.

Please advise.

The fact of the matter is I am a retired Pilot from Mesa Airlines.  I also had over 6400 hours of flight time with the US Army.  I can say that a 2D panel in "most" circumstances in a flight simulator is more realistic than all of the Virtual Cockpit junk.  Its all devised so that the people with the head tracking and the Oculus hardware can get their jollies. 

While in a cockpit for real.....  my head can move but the cockpit does not.  So why does flight simulation error to the moving cockpit.  Nothing is more real than a steady instrument panel in front of you. If I need to reach above for a switch or a breaker then I move my arms and head.  The cockpit doesn't move with the tracking of my head.

I think the fact of the matter is with 64 bit, it is a bit more work to create the 2d panel and VC panel.  So the VC is less of a task. They spit is out and even brag in their ads about how this or that plane has "Total Virtual" cockpits.

Bah, Hmm bug.

I just tell it like it seems to be folks.

I feel TonyC, dmnunes and myself would like answers *

--

* Comments removed by mods

I've removed some posts and modified one as the time and comments were inappropriate and not in line with helpfully discourse.

35 minutes ago, N90831 said:

I can say that a 2D panel in "most" circumstances in a flight simulator is more realistic than all of the Virtual Cockpit junk.

I agree and am to am not a fan of the newer sims available nor have any excitement for the so far hyped FS2020 (after MS Flight I don't trust that the game will be welcoming to developers nor have D2 panel option, nor be playable on a affordable computer and require some sort of subscription service and exorbitant costing broadband Internet speeds).  I fly 2D panels and spend no time, excluding testing/manuals/support, in VC.  The reality for developers is the market doesn't want 2D panels and efforts there are criticized by the vast majority of the FS community.