The simFlight Network Forums
dmnunes

not able to get a 2D Panel with E-Jets 170-190 under P3Dv4.5

I have just installed the new E-Jets under P3Dv4.5. The installation seemed to be OK, but the first problem I met was that I was not able to get a 2D Panel with the "Change View" command: the result is a black screen. I hope you can help, as reading the control labels in the virtual panel is impossible.

Kind Regards,

Domingos

--

mods edit: subject line to reflect the question

Hello!

I should clarify the situation. My statement was not correct, in the way that the "black screen" is what I was getting with a previous version of the E-Jets, running P3Dv4.5. With an older version of P3D I would get the 2D Panel.

Now, with the new version of the E-Jets, selecting Change View/Cockpit/Cockpit and then Shift+1 I get the terminal view from inside the aircraft (with no part of the aircraft visible) and a message "No Panel is mapped to the Panel 1 key combination (Shift+1)…". On page 12 of the Manual there is a reference to the 2D Panel, with a picture of it, as I would like to see on my display. What am I missing?

Regards and Happy New Year!

Domingos

Hello!image.thumb.png.5dceec65e3fa98490c96838e172527f5.png

Here is what I get by pressing View/ChangeView/CockpitView/Cockpitview/Shift+1.

What I would like to see is the 2D Panel as shown in the Manual Pg 12:

image.thumb.png.5a3b63843804ef494f08202b6f81b543.png

Regards,

Domingos

Yes, I have now added the BA livery (posted in this Forum), but before that I had the same result.

Regards,

Domingos

Just purchased this yesterday and have similar problem.

Running on P3D 4.5 and can't get the 2D panel view.

Like Domingos I find hitting Shift 1 gives me a list of pop ups but no reference to the main 2D panel. Sitting in the VC cockpit then scrolling through the other windows using "A" gives me various views but no 2D panel.

How do I get it?

I have no skins or repaints installed just the House version.

Regards

Tony

Dear Folks,

There are no 2D panels in this release of the Embraer. We will amend the manual accordingly.

Thank you

Vic

Instead of a corrected manual, I would certainly prefer an update for a 2D panel, as the control labels are not easy to read in the virtual cockpit...

Regards,

Domingos

6 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

There are no 2D panels in this release of the Embraer. We will amend the manual accordingly.

Thank you

Vic

Vic

I am quite used to using VC only cockpits so no problem there. Except maybe reading all the fine text on the buttons is not so easy and you really have to get your seat in exactly the right height or you lose the set speed indicator. Guess I will manage ok now I know though not so sure how this will go down with the great many people who really like their 2D panels.

It does look like this was rushed out the door in a hurry if you don't mind me saying. Even the manual I had that has appeared in my Start menu Feel There section is in fact for version 2!

Seems you are sending out the wrong one with the download and we can only get the correct one (well it will be when you take out the 2D cockpit) is to download from your site.

Tony

Edited by tonyc1946
typo

Tony,

Thank you. The doc shouldn't be in the installer only online. We will correct it, thank you for the heads up!

Vic