The simFlight Network Forums

Sound issues on Ejets V3 after hotfix - SOLVED

CaptBmckay

Greetings Team,

After updating to hot fix install, I am having Ejet v3 sound issues. In the new install, I currently have no cockpit sounds. The only sounds present are the engines. Upon cold and dark, there are absolutely no cockpit environment sounds. This occurs on all 4 variants. I've reinstalled the application 4 times. I've tried the standard P3D folder install and the XML addon method and the results are the same. The previous build this did not occur. I originally thought I resolved it but I have confirmed this issue is consistent. 

you have something in your install/system that seems to be blocking function. have you gone through and confirmed that you have somehow set some sub-setting withing P3D that is only for the Ejets that mutes sounds?

did P3D ask for gauge permission after installing the new version of the Ejets?

you did run the installer as admin?

I haven't changed anything at all. The aircraft worked fine until the hot fix. I have done at least a dozen flights prior to the hot fix. I've reinstalled it several times. All other aircraft sounds appear as normal. I ran the installer as Admin. P3D did not ask for Gauge permission, should it have? 

so far it seems to be a localized issue that your computer/P3D has developed.  this is why I believe you should look closely at all xml references, including base game entries and not just the addon aircraft. something is sending the sound requests to an empty/incorrect folder.

anyone else reading have a problem?

I'm literally out of options. There is nothing wrong with my XML references. Can you explain how the cockpit sounds are being called up? What CFG controls the sound logic, so I can look at that. I just installed it again for the 10th time. I've checked all of my other addons and none have this problem...

Below is a copy of my XML. Does it look like entries are missing?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">

<AddOn.Name>FeelThere EJets</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>FeelThere EJets Add-on</AddOn.Description>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Scripts</Category>

<Path>Scripts</Path>

</AddOn.Component>