The simFlight Network Forums

ERJ V3 hotfix causes Blue Screen

Cromer713

Full on blue screen particularly when switching on lights with the new hotfix. I’ve tried 4 times over the last 24 hours blue screen every time. Everything freezes this awful noise then blue screen. Did it so much last night my computer started to have trouble rebooting. Was able to get it started in safe mode today. Ran the computer all day. Then went to P3D loaded up the Erj 175. Blue screen. Now I can’t get the computer to boot at all. 

Last error report at blue screen showed IRQL_ Not Listed or Equal

strangest thing. 

On 12/31/2019 at 10:21 PM, Cromer713 said:

Full on blue screen particularly when switching on lights with the new hotfix. I’ve tried 4 times over the last 24 hours blue screen every time. Everything freezes this awful noise then blue screen. Did it so much last night my computer started to have trouble rebooting. Was able to get it started in safe mode today. Ran the computer all day. Then went to P3D loaded up the Erj 175. Blue screen. Now I can’t get the computer to boot at all. 

Last error report at blue screen showed IRQL_ Not Listed or Equal

strangest thing. 

100% sounds like your hardware is giving up. Blue screens are hardware failures. Maybe being triggered by workload Which will be increased when you turn lights on or load an aircraft with high red textures. If you have an OC on your CPU RAM or GPU try lowering it or removing it.