The simFlight Network Forums

anyone heard anthing about the next airport

ATC AlaskaGuy

Just tested it with,

FRT, FT, FIELD AIR, Feelthere International Airlines, United States
FRT, VL, VALUE, Value, United States

Value flights had FRT# (where # is flight number) and identified themselves as 'Value' with value liveries, 'Field Air' was unchanged with there own callsign and liveries.

So it is possible to do.

@WildCard that method would fix the voice callsign but unless @nyergesdesign does something in the manifest files of the RC pack to account for this, then one of those lines will result in white aircraft. Simply copying the .ba entries and also labelling them similar to “dot whatever fake IATA code” is used for the domestic shuttles would work.

• Upvote 1

Interesting, so you should be able to add

SHT, BA, SHUTTLE, British Airways, United Kingdom

to the XXXX_Airport.txt file to get the BA livery with the 'Shuttle' callsign and SHT tag. Then just need to update all the domestic flights in the XXXX_Shedule.txt file to use SHT and SH*T you can't, you need the IATA code 😇

6 hours ago, winsaudi said:

So, going back to the original request by @andredragt to have the vast majority of BA traffic at T5 with just a few from T3, as in the real world, is it not easier to allocate just a small number of T3 gates in the airport coding only for BA? Such as:

Terminal 3: AAL,ACA........ etc

Terminal 3BA: BAW

That seems a workable compromise.
Now, how do you get the BA domestic flights to use the correct callsign SHUTTLE while still keeping  BAW/BA codes and not getting white aircraft?

I was able to do it with T!2011 by creating special airline codes and copying the existing livery. Not doable in T!3D. Should be getting customization back in the next version. 

But I’d prefer a cleaner solution. Gate availability and assignments had been a challenge in the Tower series thus far. Good luck @FeelThere.

• 1 month later...

Hi Vic,

Remember me, the guy that jumped on you on facebook for asking you about rereleasing the same airports on T!DX as we have now. Fix one is to include the most polular airports with the base game. Then your new game engine, real moving raindrops? Wow! What about: go arounds initated by the AI, crashes, return to ramp, VIP flights, Pan and emergency landings, smoother graphics and way more flexibility in commands. Try and make T!DX something more than the previous version with a spit shine.

Re: Greedy. You're a business, it pays for you to be greedy. We are customers, we want everything to cost nothing. That's the way it works. But I feel conned if I have just spent hundreds of pounds on airports if I have to buy them all over again. Especially if taxiway LK has been removed and LH been added in a slightly different direction. I'm not sure what you can add to make the airport design more lifelike or more dimensional, but I'm sure there's a thousand players who could. 

In the TOWER! XX wish list thread crbascott had a lovely list of  69 Items that you could improve on or incorporate into the next Issue Maybe in reply you could tell us how many of those you are implicating and how many you have already dismissed. Since you are no longer talking in the facebook group I'd love to see an answer here!

• Confused 1

Virago,

First of all you hijacked this topic, next time start a new one please. 

"Remember me, the guy that jumped on you on facebook"
Since you didn't offer even your first name, unfortunately I have no idea who you are and with all due respect I don't see what is this discussion is about. 

"
Then your new game engine, real moving raindrops"
Something like this?

852162154_Screenshot2020-03-03at13_55_01.thumb.png.e6f5b1b891dd57cf2ce95c7d6344d638.png

"Maybe in reply you could tell us how many of those you are implicating and how many you have already dismissed."
This is likely won't happen and here are the reasons for that. First of all we have to sort out the requests. We have hundreds of them (we got emails too) and we have to delete the duplicates or similar reports at least to understand them all. Once it's done we will throw out that; unrealistic, unreasonable, simply too hard (I know it's sound rather a bad excuse but if a certain request would take us months to develop just to address a slight topic then it must go). Once is all done I'm sure we will still have dozens of these suggestions. Then we will group them by importance such as "must", "should", "if we can", "if suddenly a day is more than 24 hours and we got some extra time". We also set some internal timeline and try to add as many of these as possible.

"
Since you are no longer talking in the facebook group"
I do, but I never have/never will do it daily 🙂 No offense, even my personal facebook is unchecked for days sometimes 🙂

Vic

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Vic,

First of all my apologies, my name is Dirk, I didn't realise this forum was under my old IRC nickname.

I don't know why you think I hijacked this topic when I'm clearly responding to a subject you talked about in this very thread, dating the 29th of January (Please do NOT quote me, consider it a bar talk, semi-drunk mumbling in a bar etc.) 

And lastly I haven't seen a conversation started by you or Feelthere (not sure who else operates that handle) in the Air traffic controller group on Facebook, so I assumed the silence was because you and the team were working hard on what ever is coming next, or I or any of the other scared you off! I do like the fact that I can fire questions directly at you and even criticise, please don't close those opportunities, because that is good for both sides I think.

If you still think I'm posting this in the wrong place, let me know. I'm sure you know where to find me.

Dirk Farquhar.