The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shom

Engine not visible from wing view

Hello,

For some reason the aircraft engines are not visible from the front wing view.

Like the engines were not modeled when looking out of the aircraft.

See attached E175 example (relevant in the E195 as well).

Missing Engine in wing view.png

I am seeing the engine nacelle in the external view.  I am using Chase Plane and have the camera right near the fuselage.

This is the 175 in the AAL Livery
2020-1-7_19-47-25-815.thumb.jpg.5e857c0764c95475b307348dfd3cc44e.jpg

Haven't tried the others 

Kevin

3 hours ago, Shom said:

Missing Engine in wing view.png

'Shome':

How are you setting up the game to obtain this view?  Provide EXACT steps so others can attempted to duplicate.

Kevin's post above shows the port(left) side of the the plane and assuming he also has an engine with a starboard(right) side view.  So the engine is modeled when using his method for setting up a viewpoint.

6 hours ago, scoobflight said:

'Shome':

How are you setting up the game to obtain this view?  Provide EXACT steps so others can attempted to duplicate.

Kevin's post above shows the port(left) side of the the plane and assuming he also has an engine with a starboard(right) side view.  So the engine is modeled when using his method for setting up a viewpoint.

@scoobflight it seems Kevin is looking at the wing from external view, I am actually looking at the wing from the cabin view.

I've set up this view by simply moving the X/Y/Z coordinates set by default in the aircraft.cfg under the camera wing view section

I would think that, along with many other parts of the aircraft, they have been left out of the cabin view for better frame rate purposes - if you move the view point on your own, there will be many parts of the aircraft that can't be seen. It's always going to be a trade-off between performance and amount of aircraft that can realistically be built  for the intternal views.

You have moved the view, there is no 'fix' for this as things stand.

Cheers,

Paul.

10 minutes ago, Delta558 said:

I would think that, along with many other parts of the aircraft, they have been left out of the cabin view for better frame rate purposes - if you move the view point on your own, there will be many parts of the aircraft that can't be seen. It's always going to be a trade-off between performance and amount of aircraft that can realistically be built  for the intternal views.

You have moved the view, there is no 'fix' for this as things stand.

Cheers,

Paul.

Makes sense. I would move the wing view to be external but the downside is that you get along with that the external sounds which do not sound realistic.