The simFlight Network Forums
draci

STB with AI Live Traffic and VoxATC

Before every flight I generate traffic.bgl files for my departure airport, destination airport and the whole route by AI Live Traffic. These files can be read by the latest version of my preferred ATC program VoxATC. Since VoxATC simulates its own traffic according to the traffic.bgl files generated by AI Live Traffic  and STB on the other hand  only depicts AI traffic generated by the sim AI engine  itself, I completely understand that the status of these VOX generated flights is unknown to STB (for example no taxi, landing, boarding messages are displayed for these flights whatsoever, which is a pity, but I can live with that). But in my opinion at least in prediction mode, STB should be able to read  the AI Live Traffic generated traffic.bgl files (in standard location ../scenery/world/scenery)  and display them with correct airline, flight number, departure/arrival time and list them as "scheduled", which is only partially the case on my system since only SOME of the flights in the aforementioned AI Live traffic.bgl files are displayed on the board with APPROXIMATELY the correct departure/arrival time and sometimes even WRONG flight number and in most cases correct destination. Sometimes it even happens that STB displays a flight for which NO flightplan is contained in the AI Live traffic.bgl files which is very strange since  I have removed all other traffic.bgl files from the sim file structure, so when recompiling the STB database should only "see" the AI Live traffic.bgl files. Can anybody explain why I don't see all flights whose flightplans are stored in these traffic.bgl files (and sometimes a few erratic ones) and why the information contained in these flightplans is modified by STB? Since the flights are only scheduled and STB cannot "see" the AI aircraft generated by VoxAtc, I don't see a reason why STB should modify flight number or departure time (for example replacing the schedule departure time by the actual or targeted one based on delay and traffic at the airport). Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Perhaps STB is missing the information about the FLAI AI Package which I use. Is there a config and logos set for FLAI available for use in STB similar to that  which is availbale for AIG?

Ok, I found the problem. For a strange reason STB shows all flights which are scheduled one day earlier. I guess this problems stems from the fact that FSX and later sims use another day encoding than FS2004 for which most of the original traffic tools were written. Is there a way to fool STB to display the flights a day later (of course without changing the sim date which I need to keep not to confuse other add-ons)?

Kind regards

draci

On 1/7/2020 at 11:51 PM, draci said:

Perhaps STB is missing the information about the FLAI AI Package which I use. Is there a config and logos set for FLAI available for use in STB similar to that  which is availbale for AIG?

There isn't a content package (logos etc) for FLAI.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:10 AM, draci said:

Ok, I found the problem. For a strange reason STB shows all flights which are scheduled one day earlier. I guess this problems stems from the fact that FSX and later sims use another day encoding than FS2004 for which most of the original traffic tools were written. Is there a way to fool STB to display the flights a day later (of course without changing the sim date which I need to keep not to confuse other add-ons)?

Kind regards

draci

This isn't necessary, STB understands the difference between the day number scheme between different versions of the simulator.  Can you send me a screenshot please showing the problem with the dates to put it into context for me please?

Thanks
Simon