The simFlight Network Forums

Thrustmaster Throttles Not Recognized... Please Help.

Looking through the new Log and the Scan CSV, it looks like there's some clash between one of the 6 Registered Razer devices and the Thrustmasters. Windows, or something, appears to be getting them confused and assigning the same GUIDs to both! I thought that was impossible!

You could try uninstalling the Razer devices in the same way as for the Thrustmasters, but i am gradually coming to the conclusion that the Registry, at least, is well and truly mucked up.

We could try uninstalling all joystick devices AND removing all the related Registry entries 9poring though the Log will reveal them all to you -- see the ones in the REG file suggested earlier0, but in the end, depending how much you have installed, it might be cleaner to reinstall windows.

Or maybe you have a recent backup you can use? Presumably you take regular backups (I make one at least once a month, and more before big updates, and keep previous, father and grandfather copies -- being a very old DOS user I've never really trusted anything Windows-wise!).

Pete

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

We don't really need or want their drivers. I'm pretty sure that they are standard UDB HID joystick type devices and standard Windows drivers should work fine and without problems.

But, see:

3=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
3.GUID={50E9F090-52E4-11E8-8001-444553540000}

The Joystick is still detected and listed okay, so its disappearance makes no sense. Though previously it was actually listed twice 9I never noticed that before as I was only really looking at Throttle):

0=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
0.GUID={6F3BE990-5696-11E7-8001-444553540000}

4=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
4.GUID={50F980F0-52E4-11E8-8005-444553540000}

So that was wrong then.  The first of those two was bad in any case:

187 ****** Registry scanning: VID=044F, PID=0402 ******
      203 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_044F&PID_0402\Calibration\0"
      203    ... and a "GUID" value
      203    GUID= {6F3BE990-5696-11E7-8001-444553540000}
      203        NB: not valid for this device according to GetConfig!

Anyway, on the Throttle problem,  if you followed the instructions you've actually made no changes which would delete anything to do with the Joystick device, only the Throttle unit. So the only change which could affect the joystick is that "driver".

If re-installing Thrustmaster devices doesn't get them working correctly, if their own driver updates (which could happen any time anyway and, in fact, is designed to happen, else why do they bother?) stops other of their devices working properly, i can only suggest using Thrustmaster support.

FSUIPC uss standard DirectInput, nothing more nothing less. I am sure there must be many Thrustmaster users who don't have these problems.

I'm afraid i have no more ideas about how to fix your problems. there's something very very odd going on.

You cannot assign there either? Then it is truly unmistakebly a Thrustmaster problem. 😞. Could their new "driver" be inompatible with your version of Windows? something to ask them, though if that were the case it shouldn't have installed.

Pete

Ok… Now it’s almost midnight here. I’ll try tomorrow to delete the drivers and really on the default ones. It’ll likely be sometime in the evening your time. I know you’re all out of ideas, but once I remove the drivers, if it still doesn’t work, is there some way I can just remove everything FSUIPC “knows” so to speak… then maybe have it re-learn  what it knows about my setup? Or otherwise can I COMPLETELY remove FSUIPC from my system and just try again as though it was the first time it had been installed. 

I'm at a loss for ideas. I NEED to fix these to get my sim playable again, and I’ve seen you work your magic in these forums for years now. I mean no disrespect to the Thrustmaster staff, but I honestly think have a better chance under your teams guidance than theirs. 

4 hours ago, emersonbattle said:

is there some way I can just remove everything FSUIPC “knows” so to speak

Just delete the INI file. All its settings are there. But really, as you haven't done any assignments yet, this won't really change much.

Joystick devices are re-scanned every time it starts up, and also whenever you go into the assignments tabs, and when it detects a new USB device connecting.

4 hours ago, emersonbattle said:

I NEED to fix these to get my sim playable again

That implies that P3D doesn't see your controls either, nor presumably Windows. FSUIPC is not necessary to use controls with P3D. It never has been. It provides additional options. You can even calibrate controls in FSUIPC without making assignments through it. So can you explain why your Sim is not playable?

On your first post in the thread you said "After replacing a faulty USB Hub (to which all my FS devices were plugged into)".  I assume that new hub is powered? If not devices like the Warthogs won't work properly. Furthermore, devices like that which I've had (brief) experiences with need a lot of power, often not supplied by the cheaper powered hubs.

Also, is the Hub plugged into a USB2 (black) socket on the PC, or USB3 (blue). It seems many USB devices do not play well in USB3 ports.

Have you tried plugging them into the PC's USB ports directly. Again, USB2 not USB3?

Pete

If you are going to try unplugging and uninstalling both your Razer and HOTAS Warthog devices, apply the following .reg file after you have uninstalled to make sure all registry entries are removed:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_044F&PID_0404]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_044F&PID_0404]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_044F&PID_0402]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_044F&PID_0402]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1532&PID_022B]

[-HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1532&PID_022B]

(as before, save into a file with .reg extension and run as administrator.).

When you connect your drivers and reboot, let windows install default drivers but do not install any specific drivers or software for these devices for the time being. Remove your FSUIPC5.ini file (no need for JoyLetters and the moment, we can activate that once your problem is resolved), fire up P3D and then send us the .ini, .log and .Joyscan.csv files again please.

Thanks,

John

16 hours ago, emersonbattle said:

Ok… Now it’s almost midnight here. I’ll try tomorrow to delete the drivers and really on the default ones. It’ll likely be sometime in the evening your time. I know you’re all out of ideas,

I'm at a loss for ideas. I NEED to fix these to get my sim playable again, and I’ve seen you work your magic in these forums for years now. I mean no disrespect to the Thrustmaster staff, but I honestly think have a better chance under your teams guidance than theirs. 

So, it's almost 5 pm here and I'm just now turning my computer on for the first time since sending the post quoted above. Something told me to just turn on the sim to refresh myself about where I stand before I go removing drivers and uninstalling again and for some reason.... IT WORKS! I have no idea what may have changed, but with the Thrustmaster drivers still installed (the same ones that didn't allow ANYTHING to register w/FSUIPC yesterday) and what I think are a few errors/duplicated entries in the Joy Names section, all of my peripherals are responding in FSUIPC.

So obviously I'm going to just leave everything as-is. Thank you all for your support and your great product. You were correct Pete, P3D doesn't REQUIRE FSUIPC to function, but what I meant in my earlier post is that P3D itself surely doesn't offer the functionality needed to manage aircraft from PMDG, FSLabs & the like on its own. You've definitely created a "must have" piece of software for the MSFS/P3D comunity. As someone whi's been using it on one FS version of another for the past 15 years... I'm glad to have everything back up and running again.

John and Pete, thank you both for your help, it's VERY appreciated and I hope you didn't pull out as much hair as I did trying to fix my problem.

I've attached a few files for you to look at (only if your curious). Maybe the reason it works now is clearer to you than it was for me.

FSUIPC5.ini FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC5.log

56 minutes ago, emersonbattle said:

it's almost 5 pm here and I'm just now turning my computer on for the first time since sending the post quoted above.

Nearly my bedtime here. At my age, 76, I don't wait tll midnight. In my younger days i used to work on programming till 3 or 4 am. My most productive hours! Can't do that any more!

58 minutes ago, emersonbattle said:

Something told me to just turn on the sim to refresh myself about where I stand before I go removing drivers and uninstalling again and for some reason.... IT WORKS! I have no idea what may have changed

Weird but winderful, eh! Now try not to change anything! As if! everyone likes changing things. Hopefully though not so disatrously next time!

1 hour ago, emersonbattle said:

P3D itself surely doesn't offer the functionality needed to manage aircraft from PMDG, FSLabs & the like on its own

Oddly enough it's precisely those aircraft which don't much like how FSUIPC handles throttles. The other controls are okay, but most folks say you need to assign throttles to the normal Sim controls (Axis ThrottleN Set) and avoid calibration in FSUIPC. That's basically the same as assigning them in the Sim in any case. So the only advantage of doing so in FSUIPC is for the Profiles.

The theory is that these aircraft do their own interception of the throtle inputs and that the feeding of controls in from FSUIPC conflicts with those values, making them behave erratically. this doesn't seem to happen with the other flight controls though.

Pete

• Like 1