The simFlight Network Forums

2011 how to

Braf123456

3 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

i just bought tower 2011 an ik u can custum liveries i was wondering how to do that an also is there a place to download schedules for 2011

I'd recommend starting with the T!2011 manual. It is pretty good and goes into great detail on using the plane and airport editors. Of course, you'll need some graphics software that can create TGA files.

Regarding schedules, the setup for T!2011 is a little different from T!3D as there is only one schedule file for all airports. As a result, the creation and sharing of custom schedules really didn't happen. I believe you can use T!3D schedules with T!2011 and there was also a schedule creator program written by Dick Parker that would create a schedule for you based on  a few pieces of input. The drawback is the data used to build the schedules is at least 4-5 years old.  

1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

I put the contract departure an it says negative an it gives me negative points

Yep, you're going to get a -100 point penalty if you don't hand-off to departure within 20 nm.

Typo? Click on the plane, press CTRL-D (hotkey), and then SEND (or press enter). If that doesn't work, attach a log file. 

11 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

i tried it an it still didnt work

game LOG.txt 22.51 kB · 0 downloads

Here's an excerpt from the end of your log file of the only place I saw where you issued a contact departure command. The problem is that you haven't issued a takeoff command to IBE3177 yet. You've only instructed it to line up and wait. As a result, the hand-off to departure is premature.

16:08:23  -  TOWER: IBE3177 LINE UP AND WAIT
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - LINE UP AND WAIT
Pilot said:  - LINE UP AND WAIT IBERIA THREE ONE SEVEN SEVEN
16:08:23  -8288,1490,0[9R] -  IBE3177: LINE UP AND WAIT IBE3177
THY1971 - STATE: Waiting
16:08:51  -  TOWER: IBE3177 CONTACT DEPARTURE
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - CONTACT DEPARTURE
Pilot said:  - Negative!
16:08:51  -8010,1904,0[9R] -  IBE3177: Negative!

10 hours ago, crbascott said:

Here's an excerpt from the end of your log file of the only place I saw where you issued a contact departure command. The problem is that you haven't issued a takeoff command to IBE3177 yet. You've only instructed it to line up and wait. As a result, the hand-off to departure is premature.

16:08:23  -  TOWER: IBE3177 LINE UP AND WAIT
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - LINE UP AND WAIT
Pilot said:  - LINE UP AND WAIT IBERIA THREE ONE SEVEN SEVEN
16:08:23  -8288,1490,0[9R] -  IBE3177: LINE UP AND WAIT IBE3177
THY1971 - STATE: Waiting
16:08:51  -  TOWER: IBE3177 CONTACT DEPARTURE
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - CONTACT DEPARTURE
Pilot said:  - Negative!
16:08:51  -8010,1904,0[9R] -  IBE3177: Negative!

but i did give it the command to takeoff so i dont understand why it didnt show up 

As A general rule I wait until the aircraft appears on the dbrite screen then leave it for  a couple of seconds before giving the "contact departures" call. Sometimes even longer if clearing another A/C for T/O immeditaley after that departure.

Reason. in real life, you would wait until the departing aircraft should be on the departure controller radar before issuing the contact dep command.

Kev

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 707FAN said:

As A general rule I wait until the aircraft appears on the dbrite screen then leave it for  a couple of seconds before giving the "contact departures" call. Sometimes even longer if clearing another A/C for T/O immeditaley after that departure.

Reason. in real life, you would wait until the departing aircraft should be on the departure controller radar before issuing the contact dep command.

Kev

What schedule do u use

I dont run 2011 anymore but from memory, the schedule text file is the same format as tower 3D (pro).

For twr 3D I use my own schedules or one of the custom schedule made by others.

I still have some old tower 2011 files on a stick. If I can open them I will  and have a look to see if the schedule format is the same.

I can't send you the files as they are copyright from the creator and I cant find any of my custom files.

Honestly, except if you really want the 2011 airports, move over to Tower 3D PRO, even with the oddities with it.

Kev