Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Braf123456

2011 how to

Recommended Posts

i just bought tower 2011 an ik u can custum liveries i was wondering how to do that an also is there a place to download schedules for 2011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

i just bought tower 2011 an ik u can custum liveries i was wondering how to do that an also is there a place to download schedules for 2011

I'd recommend starting with the T!2011 manual. It is pretty good and goes into great detail on using the plane and airport editors. Of course, you'll need some graphics software that can create TGA files.

Regarding schedules, the setup for T!2011 is a little different from T!3D as there is only one schedule file for all airports. As a result, the creation and sharing of custom schedules really didn't happen. I believe you can use T!3D schedules with T!2011 and there was also a schedule creator program written by Dick Parker that would create a schedule for you based on  a few pieces of input. The drawback is the data used to build the schedules is at least 4-5 years old.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

ok thank u i wasnt for sure an i also was playing an for some reason i cant send planes to departure

The commands are slightly different between T!2011 and T!3D... other than that I would be just wildly guessing without more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Braf123456 said:

I put the contract departure an it says negative an it gives me negative points

Yep, you're going to get a -100 point penalty if you don't hand-off to departure within 20 nm.

Typo? Click on the plane, press CTRL-D (hotkey), and then SEND (or press enter). If that doesn't work, attach a log file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

i tried it an it still didnt work

game LOG.txt 22.51 kB · 0 downloads

Here's an excerpt from the end of your log file of the only place I saw where you issued a contact departure command. The problem is that you haven't issued a takeoff command to IBE3177 yet. You've only instructed it to line up and wait. As a result, the hand-off to departure is premature.

16:08:23  -  TOWER: IBE3177 LINE UP AND WAIT
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - LINE UP AND WAIT
Pilot said:  - LINE UP AND WAIT IBERIA THREE ONE SEVEN SEVEN
16:08:23  -8288,1490,0[9R] -  IBE3177: LINE UP AND WAIT IBE3177
THY1971 - STATE: Waiting
16:08:51  -  TOWER: IBE3177 CONTACT DEPARTURE
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - CONTACT DEPARTURE
Pilot said:  - Negative!
16:08:51  -8010,1904,0[9R] -  IBE3177: Negative!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crbascott said:

Here's an excerpt from the end of your log file of the only place I saw where you issued a contact departure command. The problem is that you haven't issued a takeoff command to IBE3177 yet. You've only instructed it to line up and wait. As a result, the hand-off to departure is premature.

16:08:23  -  TOWER: IBE3177 LINE UP AND WAIT
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - LINE UP AND WAIT
Pilot said:  - LINE UP AND WAIT IBERIA THREE ONE SEVEN SEVEN
16:08:23  -8288,1490,0[9R] -  IBE3177: LINE UP AND WAIT IBE3177
THY1971 - STATE: Waiting
16:08:51  -  TOWER: IBE3177 CONTACT DEPARTURE
COMMAND HANDLING:
IBE3177 - CONTACT DEPARTURE
Pilot said:  - Negative!
16:08:51  -8010,1904,0[9R] -  IBE3177: Negative!
 

 

but i did give it the command to takeoff so i dont understand why it didnt show up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

but i did give it the command to takeoff so i dont understand why it didnt show up 

It’s not in the log file, so it must not have accepted the command. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

i figured it out once the plane leaves the screen i have to wait for a bit before i can give them contact to departure

That's not strictly correct.

You can give the "contact departure" command when and only when you have received the message stating takeoff successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As A general rule I wait until the aircraft appears on the dbrite screen then leave it for  a couple of seconds before giving the "contact departures" call. Sometimes even longer if clearing another A/C for T/O immeditaley after that departure.

Reason. in real life, you would wait until the departing aircraft should be on the departure controller radar before issuing the contact dep command.

Kev

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 707FAN said:

As A general rule I wait until the aircraft appears on the dbrite screen then leave it for  a couple of seconds before giving the "contact departures" call. Sometimes even longer if clearing another A/C for T/O immeditaley after that departure.

Reason. in real life, you would wait until the departing aircraft should be on the departure controller radar before issuing the contact dep command.

Kev

 

 

What schedule do u use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont run 2011 anymore but from memory, the schedule text file is the same format as tower 3D (pro).

For twr 3D I use my own schedules or one of the custom schedule made by others.

I still have some old tower 2011 files on a stick. If I can open them I will  and have a look to see if the schedule format is the same.

I can't send you the files as they are copyright from the creator and I cant find any of my custom files.

Honestly, except if you really want the 2011 airports, move over to Tower 3D PRO, even with the oddities with it.

Kev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.