The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Questions

A couple of questions.  I recently rebuilt my sim computer with new OS install and P3D.  I configured it to connect to my stream PC with WideClient so that I could run ACARS and LiveTraffic apps on the secondary machine.  Everything was working fine until yesterday.  Out of the blue the WideClient was no longer connecting to my flight sim computer. Nothing was changed with either computer.  I have attached my log files.

The second thing.  I have created a new profile in the FSUIPC drop down on P3D for the Aerosoft A330.  Shouldn't that profile remain active until I either change it or end the flight.  Several times my buttons quit working and I go back and see that I have to select the Profile in order for it to work.

Thanks,

John

FSUIPC5.log WideServer.log WideClient.log

13 hours ago, NomadRider said:

Out of the blue the WideClient was no longer connecting to my flight sim computer. Nothing was changed with either computer.  I have attached my log files.

You have left it to the system to let WideClient find the Server using Windows interrogation. This normally works fine, but sometimes Windows updates might mess things up, or it can happen if you aren't using a fixed IP address on the Server.

Check if the server IP address is still 192.168.1.111.

Generally, if you always use the same Server from this client then it is more reliable to fix the server's IP address, and explicity provide the ServerIPAddr and the Protocol parameters in the Wideclient.INI file.

I have created a new profile in the FSUIPC drop down on P3D for the Aerosoft A330.  Shouldn't that profile remain active until I either change it or end the flight. 

It does remain active unless you change aircraft. Even the same aircraft but a different livery. You can edit the name of the Aircraft in the INI file [Profile ...] section so that it applies to them all (eg using A330).

Several times my buttons quit working and I go back and see that I have to select the Profile in order for it to work.

It is more likely that the button device has gone to sleep. Re-entering the assignments tab makes FSUIPC re-scan devices, which would wake it up. Make sure all USB devices listed in the Windows Device Manager have power management disabled, where that option is offered. By default Windows turns power off to dormant devices.

Pete

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You have left it to the system to let WideClient find the Server using Windows interrogation. This normally works fine, but sometimes Windows updates might mess things up, or it can happen if you aren't using a fixed IP address on the Server.

Check if the server IP address is still 192.168.1.111.

Generally, if you always use the same Server from this client then it is more reliable to fix the server's IP address, and explicity provide the ServerIPAddr and the Protocol parameters in the Wideclient.INI file.

It does remain active unless you change aircraft. Even the same aircraft but a different livery. You can edit the name of the Aircraft in the INI file [Profile ...] section so that it applies to them all (eg using A330).

It is more likely that the button device has gone to sleep. Re-entering the assignments tab makes FSUIPC re-scan devices, which would wake it up. Make sure all USB devices listed in the Windows Device Manager have power management disabled, where that option is offered. By default Windows turns power off to dormant devices.

Pete

It is set correctly. Screenshot of my network settings.

On this flight it seems to be keeping the profile, but shouldn't the "Profile Specific" checkbox still be selected when looking at the settings?

2020-01-11 12_06_08-Network Connections.png

2020-01-11 13_35_21-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

3 hours ago, NomadRider said:

shouldn't the "Profile Specific" checkbox still be selected when looking at the settings?

Buttons and Keypresses can be profile specific or general. Both apply. For assignments to the same buton / keypress profile overrides the general setting. The idea is that all your common button/key actions can be assigned to all aircraft, reserving profile assignments for the differences specific to this aircraft type.

This doesn't apply to axis assignments or calibrations because, unlike buttons and keys, axes are really always active and you don't want unintended inputs from axes affecting the wrong aircraft.

I'm sure the documentation does explain this.

With buttons and keys the General assignments will be shown initially by default. You switch between them using the Profile specific checkbox.

Pete