The simFlight Network Forums

E195 v3 parking brake not holding acft

aua668

Hi,

When the engines are running on idle and you have set the parking brake, the plane is moving slowly forward. Also if you hold the plane with the toe brakes, you are not able to keep the plane in position, if you wait in line for takeoff. Please check the braking efficiency for the upcomming SP.

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi,

It's definitely not a controller issue. I have calibrated my throttles with an idle zone via FSUIPC.  The value is always on idle, which I can read out externally with an app on a second PC. It's moving very slow and therefore you will not detect it immediately - but if you are starting the engines and wait for 10-15 minutes with parkin brakes set (which could happen on a very busy airport before you get the takeoff clearance), you will see, that you are moving. As a hint: look on the bottom of your screen. The lowest pixels will show, that you are moving forward.

It's the E195 I am using. N1 shows around 23 in idle state. The axis value for throttle 1 and 2 is zero.

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi,

No ground friction addon or similar. in use here The last time I used this type of tools has been with FSX. But this is now long ago 😉
I also don't use special tweaks in my P3D config file. I only use FSUIPC and some self developed LUA modules to interface to my GoFlight hardware.

For toggling the parking brake I use the standard simulator command.

I am using several other aircraft (Majestic Q400, AS A3xx, AS Twin Otter, Cranedo A36, etc.). But with all of them this problem doesn't exist. And it makes no difference, if I set the parking brake or if I use the toe brakes fully engaged. It's a very slow movement so in the first moments you don't detect it. But when I did my first online VATSIM flight, I needed a lot longer than normal for preparing the aircraft, as I am not yet so experienced with this plane. And suddenly I detected, that I have moved half way onto the taxi lane in front of me.

Best regards
Reinhard

Hi,

I will save a FLT tomorrow evening, when I am back at home. Thanks for checking this issue.

Btw: I did some search and found references, that some users of the AS CRJ and some PMDG planes experienced a similar phenomenon. Maybe it's a simulator issue, ...
A solution was not documented.

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi,

I made now a test in LOWW (FlyTampa scenery). No weather addon activated (normally I use ActiveSky). I started the APU and then the engine. I entered only origin and destination but did not enter the complete flightplan. I started aligning IRS.

I enclosed a ZIP file with the following content:

• Screenshot done after engine start - note the white line on the bottom (2020-01-16 23_50_47-P3D.jpg)
  • Screenshot of the panel showing the engine setting (2020-01-16 23_51_13-P3D.jpg)
  • Screenshot 6 minutes later - the plane has moved forward and the white line is not visible anymore (2020-01-16 23_56_52-P3D.jpg)
  • The flight files saved (E195_LOWW.xxx)
  • 3 screenshots (engine 1, engine 2 and ground dynamics) read out on a second PC 

Rgds
Reinhard

E195_LOWW.zip