The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Airbumps

Couple of Questions from a new user

Hi All,

I finally purchased STB and so far so good. Setup was easy and no issues with getting it working. A couple of questions however on features.

1. Is there a way that I can set a departure time for my user aircraft? I see options for STB to calculate it (10 minutes from now) or for me to set a fixed time but that fixed time doesn't count down so will always be 45 minutes from now or 30 minutes from now. Can I stipulate a local time somehow? Perhaps a feature for a future version

2. I really like the AI feature that allows me to "kill" AI that is not departing or arriving at a particular airport. In places like London where there are four major airports and all I'm interested in is traffic at LHR because thats where I'm landing or departing, having AI spawn at Gatwick and Stansted takes processing power and provides me no visual effect (whilst also limiting the number of AI I might have at LHR). Is there a way to permanently (for this flight or otherwise) kill off AI at particular airports?

Cheers!

10 hours ago, Airbumps said:

1. Is there a way that I can set a departure time for my user aircraft? I see options for STB to calculate it (10 minutes from now) or for me to set a fixed time but that fixed time doesn't count down so will always be 45 minutes from now or 30 minutes from now. Can I stipulate a local time somehow? Perhaps a feature for a future version

Yes, that would be for a future version.

10 hours ago, Airbumps said:

2. I really like the AI feature that allows me to "kill" AI that is not departing or arriving at a particular airport. In places like London where there are four major airports and all I'm interested in is traffic at LHR because thats where I'm landing or departing, having AI spawn at Gatwick and Stansted takes processing power and provides me no visual effect (whilst also limiting the number of AI I might have at LHR). Is there a way to permanently (for this flight or otherwise) kill off AI at particular airports?

FSX and Prepar3D have some logic built in to handle this.  I think if an AI is deleted on the ground (by STB or anyone), it won't come back unless you reset your flight. However those whom are airbourne according to the schedule usually do come back.  Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid, it would require changes to the underlying traffic schedule (BGL etc).

Thanks

Simon