The simFlight Network Forums

USing FSXpand PMDG 737 Heading offset query

Hello Pete,

i am using FSUIPC with FSXpand and its sending the FS heading to the ND external display, FSXpand has the ability to add the heading offset which used to be 622C, would you happen to know the new one and whether this would need to go into FSUIPC aswell as the FSxpand offset configuration.

I am using FSX steam with PMDG and the registered version of FSUIPC

Quite simply (i thikl 🙂 ),l I am trying to get the external display to read the PMDG heading and not the one sent from the FS (OFFSET 07CC)...if this is possible.

I am new to the world of offsets!

Thanks, Stephen Avery

Edited by savery999
clarification

Where did you get 622C from?

For PMDG offsets, please see the Offset mapping documents for the PMDG aircraft, which should be in your FSUIPC Documents folder. Looking at these, I can see that the MCP_Heading is in offset 652C - could it be this (confusing 5 with 2?)?

Also, please check that you have the PMDG offsets activated (see previously mentioned documentation).

Regards,

John

N.B. Once assigned, we do not change offsets as this would cause compatibility issues!

ok thanks, the offset of 622c came from gert, the developer of fsxpand.

ill try the 652C and see and advise him aswell that offsets are never changed.

does this supply the ND display heading  track or the user selected heading from the mcp?

yes, enable broadcast is set to 1

Edited by savery999

2 hours ago, savery999 said:

does this supply the ND display heading  track or the user selected heading from the mcp?

As the offset documentation states, this is the MCP heading (equivalent to 07CC for non-pmdg aircraft). For the actual aircraft heading, see 0580 (and surrounding offsets for lat/long/pitch/bank and timestamp flags). 

John

8 hours ago, savery999 said:

0580?, i didnt see that in the pmdg list, its in the fsuipc offset status?

Its not in the PMDG list, its a general FS offset which should still be applicable to PMDG aircraft.

8 hours ago, savery999 said:

so is there a way to send the pmdg track data instead of the fsx heading data?

FSUIPC doesn't 'send' any data, it just populates the offsets with the data. You just need to get your client application (FSXpand in this case) to read the correct offset for the data that it needs.

John

Yes, as I said, offset 0580 would be the a/c heading (native fsx heading). You could try offset 6038, which is the GPS: aircraft true heading (from simvar GPS GROUND TRUE HEADING).  However, being PMDG, they probably implement their own and this may not be available. If it is available, there is also a simvar called GPS GROUND TRUE TRACK. This is not currently stored in an offset, but could be added - if you can check offset 6038 and that is working for you, I could add this. Let me know.

Alternatively, this would need calculating. You may want to ask on the PMDG forums on how to do this (or if its available via their SDK). I don't have any PMDG aircraft.

John