The simFlight Network Forums

Airplane Type per Airport

OneNothing

Quick question group:

I'm working on a schedule for KSAN from 1/31/2020 and per Flight Aware UPS (5X) 9879 was a 763. So I coded it as a 76Y for the Freighter Version.  During testing, the airplane does call for pushback, but when I assign it either runway (9 or 27) it tells me "Unable to take off from this runway...."    Is this an error or will the game not support 767s at KSAN.  It also has me wondering because there are 744s ( BA 273) and 788s (JL 66), will those work at KSAN?    Is there a way to see what airport support which aircraft?   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, OneNothing said:

Quick question group:

I'm working on a schedule for KSAN from 1/31/2020 and per Flight Aware UPS (5X) 9879 was a 763. So I coded it as a 76Y for the Freighter Version.  During testing, the airplane does call for pushback, but when I assign it either runway (9 or 27) it tells me "Unable to take off from this runway...."    Is this an error or will the game not support 767s at KSAN.  It also has me wondering because there are 744s ( BA 273) and 788s (JL 66), will those work at KSAN?    Is there a way to see what airport support which aircraft?   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Takeoff and landing distances are controlled by Real Traffic. Unfortunately, there is no way to know what the takeoff requirement is per airplane model. 

Many of the takeoff and landing distances have been adjusted/corrected by Nyerges Design in the past, but the 76Y is a "recent" addition so it's hard to tell how accurate it is. Regarding the 744 and 788 at KSAN,  I don't recall exactly but I think they work. To be honest, it's trial and error to know for sure since we're in the dark on aircraft attributes. We had the capability to view/customize aircraft parameters in T!2011, but lost it in T!3D. it sounds like there's a good chance this functionality will return in the next version.