The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 crashes hen running with FSUPIC

Hello

I have recently run into a problem when I run FSUPIC4 (free) with the 737 800, the aircraft initializes until it gets to 16-17 seconds, freezes, and crashes the the homepage of FSX. However, running FSUPIC4 with any other aircraft works fine and when I don't run FSUPIC4 with the 737 800 it works fine. I run FSUPIC4 as it is a requirement for FSXWX. I am running the latest version of FSUPIC, and have already contacted PMDG but to no avail. I've tried deleting the .ini file in the modules folder, re-installing the aircraft and game but still the same problem.

Crash Log.txt

The crash details show that FSX is crashing when trying to establish the WEATHER. It occurs when FSUIPC is running because FSUIPC continually reads the weather through SimConnect. I really don't think it can be anything to do with which aircraft you are using, unless you are also at a different location -- the weather being read would depend on where you are.

These crashes occur when SimConnect tries to read a corrupt weather file (which are binary files with no checking). Try deleting the wxstationlist.bin file from your sim's AppData\Roaming folder, and all of the .wx files saved in your sim's Documents folder.

Pete

I tried what you said and it still didn't work. I also tried re-installing the FSXWX client and starting it before launching the flight and just after the crash I got this message from FSXWX

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000014B): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal)
   at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage()
   at FSXWX.Form1.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9148 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FSXWX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/FSXWX.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9136 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9147 (WinRelRS6.050727-9100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect
    Assembly Version: 10.0.61259.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.9659
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.9659
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9659_none_d08cfd96442b25cc/msvcm80.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.9135 built by: WinRelRS6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi,

did you try running without FSXWX client? All those error messages are related to .NET, but FSUIPC has nothing to do with or even use .NET. As FSXWX requires FSUIPC to work your error source will be FSXWX.

Maybe it is only the core version but it shows Vers. 1.0

FSXWX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/FSXWX.exe

Requirements

• SimConnectin P3D_Root_Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\.
  • FSUIPC 4.90 or higher ... registered version is recommended.
  • .net Framework 3.5 ... Windows 8 / 10 does not have this pre-installed!

FSXWX Client

Latest version: 1.6.1

Last update: 16.01.2017

Changelog

No installation required. Just download and open.
And no need to worry: The client will not make any changes to your P3D installation and system.

Note You should run the FSXWX.exe as admin (right mouse click: 'Run as administrator').

Thomas

Yeah that report in my previous message only comes up when I run FSXWX before launching a flight. But with just FSUPIC running it just freezes after a few seconds and crashes.

I would reach out to FSXWX but I had a look at their forums and it seems like the last time the administrators replied to someone was like 2017-18 so it’s probably dead.

The only way it doesn’t crash with the 737 is if I don’t allow FSUPIC to run to start with.

Regards

3 hours ago, tokley1 said:

The only way it doesn’t crash with the 737 is if I don’t allow FSUPIC to run to start with.

If FSXWX doesn't need FSUIPC, and you have no other add-ons needing weather from FSUIPC, then add this line to the [General] section of FSUIPC4.INI:

NoWeatherAtAll=Yes

That stops FSUIPC having anything to do with weather.

Pete

9 hours ago, tokley1 said:

Thanks for your help, I’ll try that but I’m pretty sure it does need FSUPIC running because when I try to connect FSXWX to FSX without FSUPIC running it says the connection to FSUPIC failed and so it fails to connect.

And what if you never start FSXWX? Just test without, and with NoWeatherAtAll first.

It is still all pointing to a couupt Weather file, a .WX or that wxstationslist.bin file. Are you sure you removed them all?

Pete

I have tested it without running FSXWX at all and it’s the same problem. Yeah I made sure I did that.

Actually I forgot I did delete the FSUPIC.ini file and it got down to 11 seconds but the same thing happened. Then I tried again and it stopped at 17 which is what it normally is.

Im not at my computer right now but I’ll get back to you on Sunday. If it doesn’t work I might just have to fly it as one of the preset weather options.

• 3 years later...

Hii pete i have the same issue. My all pmdg aircraft works except the 747. It also works fine but just throttles wont move. Everything else works like a charm. when i open fsuipc to change throttle bindings 747 crashes and desktop. i tried noweatheratall thing you said. but no avail. I put the line in general column in fsuipc ini.
This happens with my tca airbus throttle. When pressing f3 throttles move 
(i dont have any weather softwares installed)

Edited by amaan

49 minutes ago, amaan said:

i have the same issue.

I don't think your issue is the same - the OPs issue looked to be a weather issue, although it isn't clear.

53 minutes ago, amaan said:

when i open fsuipc to change throttle bindings 747 crashes and desktop.

So, FSX crashes when you open FSUIPC4, but only when the PMDG 737 is loaded? Does it crash as soon as you open FSUIPC4, when you go to the Axes assignment tab, or at what point?
Could you please show me your FSUIPC4.ini and FSUIPC4.log files, and also check the windows Event viewer to see if any crash events are reported and if so please show them to me as well.

John

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with FSUPIC4 and the 737-800 aircraft in FSX. To troubleshoot, try updating FSXWX, checking for aircraft updates, verifying FSUPIC4 settings, trying a fresh FSX configuration, seeking help from the community, or considering alternative weather add-ons like Active Sky or REX Weather Direct.