The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC shutdown

I replaced my later version of the P3D client with the 4.5.13.32097 version, and this time the ASP4 module as_connect_64 produced a full log (btstrp.txt), matching yours ... but at the end of the session P3D closed perfectly.

So, unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your problem. There must be something else going on. I wonder if it may be something to do with a Win10 update. I am of course using Win7 on this testing & development PC.

Tomorrow I may test it on my VFR PC, which is running the very latest, fully updated, Win10, plus P3D 4.5.13 Academic (the Pro version is on my cockpit PC).  However, on that PC I don't have any debugging tools installed, and don't really want them on either of my cockpit PCs.

Pete

Hi John/Pete,

This will be the last DLL test I can do for now ... packing for tomorrow's trip and set you up for that fastest PC on the planet 😉 

Agree Pete, I never want to install any "debuging" (VS) tools on my main FS PC ... however, with that said, I believe VS 2017/2019 supports remote debugging.  I never done this process but I think it would require you to provide me with remote symbol set and of course I would need to setup my PC to accept the connection but I don't actually need VS installed.

More details here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/remote-debugging?view=vs-2019

Again, I've never done this, but know it exists.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, RobAins said:

Agree Pete, I never want to install any "debuging" (VS) tools on my main FS PC ... however, with that said, I believe VS 2017/2019 supports remote debugging.  I never done this process but I think it would require you to provide me with remote symbol set and of course I would need to setup my PC to accept the connection but I don't actually need VS installed.

More details here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/remote-debugging?view=vs-2019

Hmm. I'll read about it, but I thought that must mean installing some part of VS on the subject PC.

See you Tuesday at EGCC.

Cheers
Pete

7 hours ago, RobAins said:

Sunny and 72F at EGCC?  Shorts weather right?

Rain all day most days. Occasional breaks and glimpses of sun. Warmer today -- predicted to go right up to 10C this afternoon!  But some days it doesn't get higher than 5C. Better than a couple of weeks ago though.

It was cold when you wore shorts last time, so I expect you will this time as well.😉

8 hours ago, RobAins said:

Interesting, this time everything shutdown normally with this latest DLL?  Did you make any other changes beyond debug logging?

Not as far as I know. But if merely adding some log lines has changed it, this points to some nasty obscure timing problem. Which would probably also explain why others don't have the same problem. It may be related to the attempted closing of the socket listeners of WideServer and those of ASP4 DLL at more or less the same time.

One test we didn't do, but too late for now till you return, is whether it happens when WideServer actually has a connection to deal with. After all, when the ASP4 server has a connection you don't get the problem. The solution in WideServer then may be simply not to delay closing in order to send shutdown messages to connected clients which don't exist. It can simply close down immediately it is notified.

Pete