The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule Builder Tool - create your own schedules

EliGrim

• 4 weeks later...

Update v1.01

• For each airport, detailed information is provided on the data used by the Schedule Builder to generate the schedules. (Click "list of supported airports" on the homepage and then click the name of an airport.)

Since I ask, under "how to support the project", to be informed about errors, such as an airline unintentionally serving the wrong terminal or flying to an outdated destination, it is only fair and also makes sense that the user knows what the Schedule Builder is working with, since of course not all information can be retrieved from a created schedule.
I will only make changes on request. So I am dependent on receiving information from you, e.g. the Concourse B in Memphis opens again and the like.
I thank you in advance and keep on hoping that everyone enjoys using the Schedule Builder.

Schedule Builder Website

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Update v1.01

• For each airport, detailed information is provided on the data used by the Schedule Builder to generate the schedules. (Click "list of supported airports" on the homepage and then click the name of an airport.)

Since I ask, under "how to support the project", to be informed about errors, such as an airline unintentionally serving the wrong terminal or flying to an outdated destination, it is only fair and also makes sense if the user knows what the Schedule Builder is working with, since of course not all information can be retrieved from a created schedule.
I will only make changes on request. So I am dependent on receiving information from you, e.g. the Concourse B in Memphis opens again and the like.
I thank you in advance and keep on hoping that everyone enjoys using the Schedule Builder.

Schedule Builder Website

i love to use the builder. Thank you for your work. Many thanks also to the others who do the work and create flight plans. Greetings from Germany :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, argus99 said:

I hope it is not to impudent to ask, if you could add FAOR and KEWR to the airport list.

Exhibiting patience would be a more prudent and respectful response to @EliGrim’s fine work. I think you are under appreciating the amount of work involved. It’s much more than just adding an airport to the list. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, crbascott said:

Exhibiting patience would be a more prudent and respectful response

That is true, but in this case in vain. On the other hand, asking does not hurt.

11 hours ago, argus99 said:

add FAOR and KEWR to the airport list

Like @andredragt just noted, it is mentioned under NOTE ON UPDATES and in the FAQ that there are no plans to add more airports to the Schedule Builder.

There are several reasons for this, including:

• With over 400 hours and 19,000 unique lines of code (about 210,000 in total), I have already invested more time in the Schedue Builder than originally planned and also a little more than I could actually afford.
  • Personally I am of the opinion that with 25 Airport AddOns the limit for the average player (buyer) is reached.
  • The ongoing pandemic makes it extremely difficult to collect comprehensive data on flight activity, destinations, etc. with an acceptable level of accuracy and in a reasonable way.
  • I am more than grateful for the help I got from the community, gathering necessary data; especially the great work @OneNothing has done. Otherwise the Schedule Builder would probably not have reached v1 until today. Nevertheless, the participation was very low in terms of the number of people involved. Since I cannot assume that there will be someone for each of the future airports with the small number of helpers, necessary tests could not be done and therefore not all new airports could be implemented. It would be confusing to implement only some of the future airports.
    Personally, with the exception of EHAM, I am not willing to buy more airports and color packs just to extend the Schedule Builder.

In short: No, currently there are no plans to add more airports to Schedule Builder. Revisions and bug fixes for the airports already implemented will of course be made.

(The Schedule Information Tool and Callsign Information Tool websites will support future airports.)

8 hours ago, kevrev4u88 said:

Does anyone how to put the Retro Colour on

Move the RETRO RC airlines slider to "only" or "fuse" to either create a schedule with only retro airlines or to include 7 randomly selected airlines from the retro pack into a -normal- schedule.
In order to display the liveries and for the created schedule to run without errors, the current version of the Real Color Retro Pack and the latest version of Real Traffic must be installed.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

There are several reasons for this, including:

• With over 400 hours and 19,000 unique lines of code (about 210,000 in total), I have already invested more time in the Schedue Builder than originally planned and also a little more than I could actually afford.
  • Personally I am of the opinion that with 25 Airport AddOns the limit for the average player (buyer) is reached.
  • The ongoing pandemic makes it extremely difficult to collect comprehensive data on flight activity, destinations, etc. with an acceptable level of accuracy and in a reasonable way.
  • I am more than grateful for the help I got from the community, gathering necessary data; especially the great work @OneNothing has done. Otherwise the Schedule Builder would probably not have reached v1 until today. Nevertheless, the participation was very low in terms of the number of people involved. Since I cannot assume that there will be someone for each of the future airports with the small number of helpers, necessary tests could not be done and therefore not all new airports could be implemented. It would be confusing to implement only some of the future airports.
    Personally, with the exception of EHAM, I am not willing to buy more airports and color packs just to extend the Schedule Builder.

In short: No, currently there are no plans to add more airports to Schedule Builder. Revisions and bug fixes for the airports already implemented will of course be made.

Thank you for all the work I know it could not have been easy. Again Thank you for what we have.

Charles

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Brief note:
It seems that I've found out what causes duplicates on schedules longer than 2 hours, respectively prevents the creation of unique flight numbers.
Some more tests are needed to see if the duplicates follow a pattern. I am working on a fix, but it could take a week or two to solve the issue.
I will inform you as soon as there is something new to report.

The Schedule Builder can still be used, there is just the possibility that during gameplay an aircraft does not react to commands and has to be deleted.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Brief note:
It seems that I've found out what causes duplicates on schedules longer than 2 hours, respectively prevents the creation of unique flight numbers.
Some more tests are needed to see if the duplicates follow a pattern. I am working on a fix, but it could take a week or two to solve the issue.
I will inform you as soon as there is something new to report.

The Schedule Builder can still be used, there is just the possibility that during gameplay an aircraft does not react to commands and has to be deleted.

Many thanks for your effort. I appreciate it very much. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update v1.02

• Bug fix: Solves the problem of multiple assignment of flight numbers for an airline within a schedule.

Announcement: On November 26 or 27, 2020, depending on your time zone, maintenance and software updates and upgrades will be done on the server. This will result in the website being temporarily unavailable. The Schedule Builder code is already compliant with the new software versions and therefore I do not expect any complications and assume a maximum of 30 minutes of downtime.
If problems occur after November 27th, please let me know.

Schedule Builder Website

• Upvote 1

Update v1.03

• Bug fix: Incorrect callsign WESTERN GLOGAL has been corrected to WESTERN GLOBAL for KDFW and PHNL.
  • Changes: Mokulele Airlines is no longer used for PHNL as Southern Airways Express is already included in RT/RC for this airport. For KLAX the callsign was renamed to FRIENDLY and the ICAO code was changed from MUL to FDY.
  • EDIT (12/02/2020): Instead of 9X, MW is now used as IATA code for Southern Airways Express for PHNL, to show the Mokulele livery. In the airlines.txt the airline will appear as Southern Mokulele.

If my information is correct, then although tickets for flights are sold under the Mokulele brand, for the airport and ATC it is 9X/FDY of the parent company. The IATA code MW seems not to be registered anymore.

I was prompted to the Mokulele thing by a user who also noticed the typo in the callsign mentioned above. I can't stress enough how important it is that such things are communicated to me. It doesn't matter if it's a bug, a typo or just a slight suspicion of inconsistency. I can only check and correct things that I know about and I appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks for your help in advance.

Schedule Builder Website

Edited by EliGrim

6 hours ago, hexzed said:

The only issue with the Southern airways express change, is that the Mokulele livery won't show under the 9x IATA

That is correct. I was on Flightradar24 and looked at some 9X flights of the last days and all of them had a picture with the Southern Airways Express logo on the plane. So I went for 9X.
Now I went back to the flight details and watched the replays, especially for N839MA and N840MA. Here the photo shows a 208B with Mokulele livery.

Now the question arises: Was the first picture a generic one and the Mokulele livery is still used (which would actually make sense), or are the Mokulele photos outdated and Southern Airways Express does use their own logo on the aircraft within Hawaii?

Since both liveries are included in PHNL RC, the Schedule Builder could use MW instead of 9X. I don't want to use both liveries (like before v1.03), because that would result in double the number of flights per hour for basically the same airline.

What do you think? By "you" I do not only mean @hexzed but everyone else as well.

I know that you said you were done adding airports to Schedule Builder, but I was wondering if you might give consideration, in the spirit of the holidays, to adding the newly released EGLL.  I know it's not EHAM, but it is an airport that many here have been anticipating for years.  Either way, I very much appreciate you contribution to our hobby,  It has added much enjoyment.

Best wishes,

Andrew

5 hours ago, Avwriter said:

I know that you said you were done adding airports to Schedule Builder, but I was wondering if you might give consideration, in the spirit of the holidays, to adding the newly released EGLL.  I know it's not EHAM, but it is an airport that many here have been anticipating for years.  Either way, I very much appreciate you contribution to our hobby,  It has added much enjoyment.

Best wishes,

Andrew

You should take up a collection and buy EGLL for EliGrim.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, Avwriter said:

give consideration, in the spirit of the holidays

Sneaky! 😁

adding the newly released EGLL

No!

but it is an airport that many here have been anticipating for years

Okay, listen...

If you can get 11 people who have been registered to the forum longer than this post is old to PM me and say they really want EGLL implemented, I'll think about it. That is not a yes; not even a perhaps but I will think about it.

• 1 month later...

Update v1.04

• Changes (retro only option): Based on user feedback, increased numbers of Concorde flights to be generated for KJFK, LFPG and YMML. This ensures that not just more Concorde flights are generated to see this iconic aircraft more often, but also that the Concorde is included in schedules with lower traffic volumes for these airports.

Status on EGLL implementation: The 11 PMs I requested are not nearly reached and no request has been received in the last 29 days. From this I conclude that there is no general demand for the implementation of EGLL. Thus, it remains the case that no additional airports will be added to the Schedule Builder.

Schedule Builder Website

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 10:49 PM, EliGrim said:

With the Schedule Builder you can create your own customized schedules for Tower!3D and Tower!3D Pro.
Real Traffic AddOn is required to play the generated schedules.

SCHEDULE BUILDER TOOL WEBSITE

HOW IT WORKS:

Select an airport by typing the ICAO code or click SHOW ALL to get to a drop-down list.

sb_ofup_x1.jpg.74fcefd50bb15280282a0d3d9fc26b76.jpg

Decide how many hours your schedule should include.
sb_ofup_02.jpg.a1193a721cdc71f44e670b509f9ae536.jpg

Select a starting time.
sb_ofup_03.jpg.88fe6e01081ab779b7a4cfb661886308.jpg

Decide on the hourly traffic volume.
sb_ofup_04.jpg.1b65cfb56b84911398efe54d2767fbb6.jpg

Decide whether the first hour should have more arrivals or departures.
sb_ofup_05.jpg.7d25343ff64c042b7b722636637b6dff.jpg

Decide if you want a realistic distribution of the airlines or more variety.
sb_ofup_06.jpg.89910f96ba95d8e32f73897a35aa82de.jpg

Optionally add GA (General Aviation) flights.
sb_ofup_07.jpg.7529f1f308584f8a0fcad37b7680c870.jpg

Decide whether GA flights should request special flight maneuvers.
sb_ofup_08.jpg.053b5bf9c383cff0a456097058e9858d.jpg

Select how the GA callsigns should be processed.
sb_ofup_09.jpg.791050b0ff7581226e7bb2bc858ddc9e.jpg

Decide whether airlines of the Retro RC Pack should be used.
sb_ofup_10.jpg.4944eb24cd545229fbdf30d74f96c59e.jpg

Click on GENERATE TIMETABLE to create your schedule.
sb_ofup_11.jpg.000257aaf8438ed1f587330a5c52291e.jpg

For each of the options there is a small blue question mark. Click on it to get more detailed information about each option of the Schedule Builder.
For further questions read the FAQ on the website or use the contact form.

Once your schedule is created, you will be taken to the download page.
Download each file and save it to a folder on your hard drive. Read the file x_READ_ME_FIRST.txt, it contains all necessary information on how to use your schedule in Tower!3D Pro.

Clicking on a link will start the download, but you will remain on the download page.
sb_ofup_12.jpg.da0e2e830dc64d8da28bdaf6d50890aa.jpg

When you have downloaded all files, please click on the KEEP SERVER CLEAN button.
Once you have left the download page, you can't return to it. So it makes no sense to leave your schedule on the server.

It is planned to provide a schedule creation for 28 airports (base game plus 25 DLC airports) in the Schedule Builder.

For bug reports and feedback use this thread or the contact form on the website.

Many thanks to all who help with this project and all who enjoy the Schedule Builder.
EliGrim

Is it possible to adapt this for Tracon 2012?