The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule Builder Tool - create your own schedules

EliGrim

You know the pilot doesn't have to tell the tower that he's doing a stop and go. In the pilot's first transmission to the Tower, the pilot could ask for his departure information and the Tower has to tell the plot that he will be entering the left/right traffic pattern 😄

The information about the flight plan should be on the flight strip, and it is the controller's responsiblity to direct the pilot accordingly. The info is there for both normal and pro versions of the game. 

image.png

p.s. I do agree tho that the game shouldn't treat them like normal flights, the controller should lose points if they send them away like a normal flight 😉

Ok, I have no idea why it's not working for you. I've just tried SP2, SP3 and SP3.3c and they all showed '3xSTOP AND GO'. Looking at the code, '-' should only be shown if the airports don't match and all 3 values are 0 ie. it's the final else in an elseif chain. 🤔

p.s. Well there is one reason I could think of, and that's if the string couldn't be parsed to an int, but that would mean that it's a lower case L not the number 1, but I don't think you would be that mean to me 😛.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:11 AM, WildCard said:

but I don't think you would be that mean to me 😛.

If that were the case, it's certainly not on purpose. But in this case it is actually a 1 (one). I'll check on the weekend if a reinstallation will do something, but I can't see how.

Edit: Good news!
I reinstalled the game several times, verified the files via Steam client and even created a new Windows account for a more or less fresh installation. None of this worked until EDDF was released. With the release there was a 95MB update via Steam and although the version of the game remained the same, TnG, SnG and low approach now work for me. This doesn't answer the question why it didn't work before, but as long as it works now, I'm not asking.

Edit2: The update did not refer to EDDF but was the LEBL SP1.

Edited by EliGrim

2 hours ago, EliGrim said:

@ATC AlaskaGuy It may be a problem of the language barrier, but I do not understand what you are trying to tell me. Could you be a little more specific?

He's stating the obvious ... that the GA file is a separate file. If he would have read the thread he'd see that you are adding touch and gos, stop and gos, etc. which can only be done in the GA file.

--

* comments removed as NOT appropriate for the forum's expectations for polite and welcoming communication.  be nice! - Mods.

ok i will show you a screen shot of what I am talking about, in these screen shots this is what I am talking about in the left screen shot is the gaandlocaltraffic file i have for RJTT on the right is the schedule i have for RJTT when you have what is in the gaandlocaltraffic file you can do things like touch and go low level approach, the gaandlocaltraffic file has to be done the way it is in the left screen shot in order for it to work hope this helps you eligrim.

RJTT gaandlocaltraffic.png

RJTT Schedule.png

2 hours ago, bartccost said:

that the GA file is a separate file

That's all right, then. I was afraid I made a mistake in coding.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:01 PM, EliGrim said:

TnG, SnG and low approach now work for me

Actually, Low Approach does not work for me. After a CLEARED FOR LOW APPROACH the flight comes in low, but then it aborts with a GO AROUND and starts the loop anew.
A search in the forum has shown that this is not the first time this problem occurs, only an answer I could not find.

Hence my question: Is there a different command sequence for Low Approach than Stop and Go or Touch and Go? Did I do something wrong or is there a general problem with Low Approach?

If it is a general or common problem, I would limit the flight maneuvers for the Schedule Builder to SnG and TnG and leave LA out.

47 minutes ago, Graavan said:

are you in essence generating random flight data

Yes. Based on key data, all flights are generated pretty much out of thin air.

Nevertheless, I have the ambition that to a certain extent credible schedules should be created. This means that for example for Atlanta, still most of the flights will be Delta flights, airlines will only fly to destinations they serve in the real world and that with a flight number from a predefined range as found in real schedules. But permanent flight numbers for periodic routes are not covered.

However, the random factor should not be ignored either. The goal is that with every generated schedule you have the feeling of playing a new schedule and not a variation of the always same schedule.
How close I will come to this goal in the end remains to be seen.

23 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

the gaandlocaltraffic file has to be done the way it is in the left screen shot in order for it to work

I'm so sorry. Obviously, there's something here I don't understand.
I'm pretty sure that the gaandlocaltraffic file is created correctly by the tool. Have you noticed an error?

2 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

well if you look at the screen shot i showed you the things in that file have to be exactly the way i have them if they are the way the original files are then they don't work for some reason.

I'm incredibly sorry and I don't know how to put it nicely, but I'm beginning to get the impression that you want to make a fool of me. It's not evil mean - maybe we are talking past each other. (Maybe it is because you don't seem to like punctuation marks and therefore it is difficult for me to follow your statements properly, as a foreign language speaker.)

Sample of the original gaandlocaltraffic (v20):

atcag_ga01orig.jpg.46da9bae32d57e8a698bbececccffb2d.jpg

Sample of the gaandlocaltraffic from the Schedule Builder:

atcag_ga02sbld.jpg.d35b695ceb2536bb39cfb2559574dbb0.jpg

Sample of gaandlocaltraffic from the Schedule Builder with active flight maneuver:

atcag_ga03sbwm.jpg.aa40face9e965a5c7247312d19885cec.jpg

During the implementation of the flight maneuver option, I have been through more than 1,000 tests (simulated) and after completion I have played several schedules (GA included) in the game. The in-game tests were successful. Please be so kind and describe in detail what problem you encountered or recognized.

6 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

... was saying that the way i have mine seems to be the only way it will work

I'm not seeing where there are differences between your and @EliGrimfiles?  The files you show and he show are identical to my eyes (excluding different planes, times).  What am I specifically missing? Write in specific detail, down to the database columns, spaces and commas, what I am missing in how the files are different?   The one thing I see is none of the flights in your file are designed to do a TNG etc.  @EliGrim is designated planes to do maneuvers.  Again, what am I missing??

also ariv8ng have to have tist on the right and flight airport codearriv8ng from on left then all departing flights have to start with tist then the destination code.

if u look at the line that says tisx, tist should be tist, tisx

What?  Codeline for a plane following a pattern has arrival and departure the same airport.  The file share by @EliGrim has this (TIST, TIST, ... , 0, 3, 0, ...)   So how is @EliGrim file incorrect for a plane flying a pattern? (Which is the sub-point of discussion.) So what am I missing?

4 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

if u look at the line that says tisx, tist should be tist, tisx

I think you are incorrectly assuming this flight is a departure. 

Although your attempt at schedule making advice is noble (and ultimately very confusing), I believe @EliGrim is more than capable and has moved past the basics into more advanced features. 

Update v0.29b

- Only Stop-and-Go and Touch-and-Go is now used for flight maneuvers. Low Approach is no longer used unless you really want it back.
- Parts of the code for the distribution of flights have been revised, as well as minor changes in various areas.
- KPHL is added for further testing of the tool.

For testing purposes, KPHL's focus has shifted to diversity, not realism. This means that the schedule does not consist of almost only American Airlines flights, but that the other airlines are more represented than they are in real life (from what I could find out).
Personally, I like the variety quite well and there are also a lot of American flights represented now. But I will follow your suggestions which airlines should be represented more and which less in the schedules.

Edited by EliGrim
Whoever reacted with the sad face: What's the trouble, let me know, perhaps I can fix whatever the problem is.
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Took 3 or 4 refreshes but it finally grabbed the 29 version.  Not sure why it wouldn't clear out of cache. 
All good now though. 

Original post: 
I didn't post the sad face, but I want to for PHL:

"2 errors have occurred
Generic error occurrence, airport not yet added"

😞

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Personally, I like the variety quite well and there are also a lot of American flights represented now. But I will follow your suggestions which airlines should be represented more and which less in the schedules.

Maybe make a toggle to switch between randomized or more "realistic" airlines.  
While not as clean having a drop down for the airport may be easier than the slider once more airports are in / added to the game :o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ripskin said:

Took 3 or 4 refreshes but it finally grabbed the 29 version.  Not sure why it wouldn't clear out of cache.

You use Google Chrome, right? In addition to the module based cache control I will now use meta-tags for the pages. I have no idea if this will help, but it's worth a try. If it has no effect, I would have to consult the hosting provider to possibly change the server configuration. I'm not sure that's possible, though. I have chosen an extremely inexpensive hosting package that actually excludes such changes in the conditions. So I can't make any promises.

4 hours ago, Ripskin said:

Maybe make a toggle to switch between randomized or more "realistic" airlines.

That's an idea. I'll try to include it in the next update.

4 hours ago, Ripskin said:

While not as clean having a drop down for the airport may be easier than the slider once more airports are in / added to the game :o

I'll do that. This tool is not gonna win any beauty pageant anyway. 😉

Adding to Ripskin's idea - maybe have the toggle include airlines that have ceased operation?  Meaining: JFK could see an Air Berlin, XL Airways, or WOW Air flight, Gatwick could see a Joon,   Thomas Cook, or Germania flight.  PHL could see Virgin America.    If the liveries are available,  why not use them to create some variety?  

• Like 1