The simFlight Network Forums

Schedule Builder Tool - create your own schedules

EliGrim

Update v0.51

• Problem solved with getting stuck at 63% during loading

Note: The implementation of the next airports is slightly delayed. They should be available by the end of next week at the latest, hopefully. 😉

Schedule Builder Website

If no GA flights are planned, the Schedule Builder has so far output a formatted but empty gaandlocaltraffic.txt.
Although it is not a problem for most airports, it turned out that if an empty gaandlocaltraffic file is used for TIST and KLAX, the game tries to find the aircraft type RJ1. Where the game gets the information to search for this non-existent aircraft type and why an empty ga file is triggering it is a mystery to me and can probably only be answered by @FeelThere.
The Schedule Builder now writes a text line that is ignored by the game into the gaandlocaltraffic file if no GA flights are planned. This should solve the problem.
Many thanks to @Roelofb for sending me the created schedule and the log file. Without these files I would have puzzled for days without finding any explanation.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update v0.53

• KRDU added
  • Some backend optimisations, not noticeable for users

Note: Since I do not own the KRDU DLC I am dependent on your feedback. Do the created schedules load without errors, are all liveries where they belong, is there anything abnormal going on when playing the schedule?

Schedule Builder Website

EGKK, CVYR and KSFO are next in line. I won't promise, but I hope they will be available within the next days.

• Upvote 1

I plan to add an option in the Schedule Builder where flights from the Retro Pack can be used. I'm not sure how to implement it, though.

Actually there are only 3 options.
1. Flights are only generated at airports that the respective airline has served.
2. Every airline of the Retro Pack can be used at every airport.
3. The option to only generate flights from the Retro Pack.

Using Tower Air as an example, the first option would mean that it could only be used on EDDF, EGKK, EKCH, KJFK, KLAS, KLAX and KSFO.

It would be great if I could get some votes from the community to decide on an approach.

Regarding the second option, it should be mentioned that this does not mean that all airlines would be used in every schedule. A certain number, based on the size of the schedule, would be chosen by chance.

The third option would allow to create schedules for all airports with all airlines included in the pack. A schedule would then consist of retro flights only. With the first two options it would be a combination.

The third option would be the easiest and fastest to implement. But nobody should feel influenced by this, at least not very much. 😉

10 hours ago, EliGrim said:

I plan to add an option in the Schedule Builder where flights from the Retro Pack can be used. I'm not sure how to implement it, though.

Actually there are only 3 options.
1. Flights are only generated at airports that the respective airline has served.
2. Every airline of the Retro Pack can be used at every airport.
3. The option to only generate flights from the Retro Pack.

Using Tower Air as an example, the first option would mean that it could only be used on EDDF, EGKK, EKCH, KJFK, KLAS, KLAX and KSFO.

It would be great if I could get some votes from the community to decide on an approach.

Regarding the second option, it should be mentioned that this does not mean that all airlines would be used in every schedule. A certain number, based on the size of the schedule, would be chosen by chance.

The third option would allow to create schedules for all airports with all airlines included in the pack. A schedule would then consist of retro flights only. With the first two options it would be a combination.

The third option would be the easiest and fastest to implement. But nobody should feel influenced by this, at least not very much. 😉

I am leaning toward option 3. 

Andrew Jones

• Thanks 1

I like all of the options as they cater to different game play styles.  I think Option 1 is best for the realism folks, 3 for some history and flights people are not used to and 2 just for fun to change it up.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, Graavan said:

@EliGrim, I know life gets busy for all, but just curious if any word on KSFO being added?

A legitimate question. Actually, SFO should have been implemented already.

I am temporarily holding back on further airports. I'm currently making necessary revisions to the code to be able to include the retro airlines. This requires that also the airports, which have been implemented so far, have to be revised in parts, as far as the program code in the background is concerned. In order not to have double work, it has become a bit quiet regarding further airports.

CYVR is almost ready and SFO should also be implemented this month. But I can't promise it. My free time is very limited at the moment.

Next month I plan to implement the retro option and then new airports will be implemented step by step. This will be based on the Real Traffic AddOn content (and a little guessing) and as soon as global air traffic has normalized and stabilized and reliable data is available again, all airports will be reworked to better reflect the "new" reality.

Unfortunately I can't provide an exact schedule or a reliable roadmap, because my working hours are a bit unpredictable at the moment.

That's the plan, but it remains to be seen when things actually can be realized. The jobs that put food on the table definitely come first.

49 minutes ago, andredragt said:

For the record..people are using it...

That's good to read. I hope you are satisfied with the quality of the generated schedules. Unfortunately there is very little feedback and my possibilities to extensively test the generated schedules are limited because of time.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EliGrim said:

That's good to read. I hope you are satisfied with the quality of the generated schedules. Unfortunately there is very little feedback and my possibilities to extensively test the generated schedules are limited because of time.

In this case, I think that no feedback is good feedback. When it works, people are satisfied, and when people are satisfied they don't give feedback in this time and age.
People provide feedback when they're not satisfied, because they just love to complain (and probably feel a little better over one's imperfection)... 😉

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Update v0.58

• CYVR added
  • More GA
  • Performance optimisations
  • Bug fix for KJFK

- Vancouver is implemented and the first test looks promising. Please let me know if you have any problems.
- With the GA slider it is now possible to set up to 50 GA flights per hour so that airports with large GA aprons like YMML (20 a/c stands) or CYVR (54 a/c stands) can be filled with life.
- Schedules should now be created noticeably faster.
- Thanks to the info of a forum member a bug (wrong IATA code) for KJFK has been fixed, which prevented that the livery for DHL Air Ltd. was shown.

Schedule Builder Website

• Like 1

Update v0.62

• KATL added
  • Version History added
  • With the airport selection, the slider for movements per hour is automatically set to the recommended maximum, based on a 2-hour schedule

NOTE: Due to COVID-19, KATL and subsequent airport implementations are provisionally based on contents of the Real Traffic AddOn and additionaly, possibly outdated, potentially incomplete or partially inaccurate data.

Feedback and bug reports are much appreciated.

Schedule Builder Website

• Like 2

17 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Update v0.62

• KATL added
  • Version History added
  • With the airport selection, the slider for movements per hour is automatically set to the recommended maximum, based on a 2-hour schedule

NOTE: Due to COVID-19, KATL and subsequent airport implementations are provisionally based on contents of the Real Traffic AddOn and additionaly, possibly outdated, potentially incomplete or partially inaccurate data.

Feedback and bug reports are much appreciated.

Schedule Builder Website

Thank you!  I look forward to trying it out.

Andrew Jones

• Like 1

Update v0.65

• Added information about the individual sliders (settings). -Click on the question mark-
  • Added new GA option regarding callsigns. You now decide on the structure of the GA callsigns; how they are spoken.
  • Basic framework prepared for the inclusion of retro airlines in the Schedule Builder. (The corresponding slider is already displayed, but has no function. Over the next few weeks, the code for the individual airports will be modified. As soon as all currently available airports are prepared, the retro option will be available.)
  • Some code changes and bug fixes. (Among other things, the GA flights are now included in the evaluation of traffic volume on the valuation page.)

NOTE: If you want to try the new GA Callsign option "type" with the Schedule Builder and have not yet used the text input function on the flight strips, you might want to try it now as well.

t3dpstriptext.jpg.3f07364d018739809aba9f92df345bd2.jpg

Feedback and bug reports are much appreciated and possibly necessary.

Schedule Builder Website

• Upvote 2