The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kiwi971

user aircraft state

Hello everybody

I have a problem with my device which is not recognized in the user aircraft state section, so I have to do everything manually.
I use the A320 of FSLABS and AEROSOFT as well as the A330.
I am not tried with PMDG devices to see if it was the same.
I may have looked badly in the manual but I do not seem to have seen a solution.

cordially.😁

Some of the more advanced user aircraft add-ons don't use native SDK facilities to implement their systems.  In such cases, STB cannot track them because we have no way of knowing what the state of the aircraft is.  We'd need every such add-on to provide their own API for this purpose, which I don't expect to happen.  That's why we implemented the manual way of setting the state of the user aircraft so you can still see it on STB.

Simon

Just checking... I use the Prosim-AR 737  (a full enclosed cockpit) and their 737-800 PBR model. Prosim and STB seem to talk to each other OK along the way. I used to get the 'unknown user state' message on start up which then jumped to 'Taxi' before I realised that the passenger signs switch set the 'Closed' status.

Can you tell me what aircraft conditions STB checks for, on it's start up, so the I can save a default scenario, with all my hardware switches set in their appropriate position? ie. Passenger signs OFF, Does Exit 1 need to be open? Power OFF?

I'm interested in the power up sequence starting as 'Proceed to Gate' or similar (and showing the Gate number).

Thanks again,

Aussie

The user guide can tell you this!

"Introducing the User Aircraft on the Board" on page 55

"FAQ" on page 58, specifically point 3: "How do I make sense of the User Aircraft State?"

"Using the User Flight State Dialog" on page 63

• Like 1