The simFlight Network Forums

SP STATUS

FeelThere_Vic

2 hours ago, Matty260191 said:

I really hope they fix the climb rate shooting up and the overspeed issues. says they have in other tread but I will believe when I see it.

Thrust tables have been adjusted, as has overall drag, flap drag, gear drag, induced drag. It's been a lot of work, in fact the 'final issue' that needed fixing was that, with all the drag adjustments, one of the testers pointed out that we weren't hitting the cruise mach numbers so more thrust had to be introduced at higher mach numbers / higher N1 (thus keeping the already-adjusted parts of the tables at lower N1 to allow for the descent profiles).

2 hours ago, Matty260191 said:

I will believe when I see it.

is the kind of comment that really pisses people off, after they have been spending their own time ('family time' after they finish their day job) sorting things out to make it work for you. Believe me, this is not a job that pays well - roughly £2 per hour, I'd say, and that does not include after sales support and extra work on SPs etc. It is actually done primarily as a hobby and to (hopefully) enable people to get some enjoyment from the sim. This is not a 'Level D' sim, but I think it has evolved into a very good simulation of the aircraft (at least, the rated pilots on the test team seem to think so!)

@Matty260191 I apologise in advance if this seems like a rant towards you - it's aimed more generally, you just hit the 'trigger sentence'. I think there are a lot of people that expect perfection from an addon which costs a little more than the base sim, and which doesn't cost much more in real terms than the addons we were buying back in the days of FS9. Think of the functionality levels back then: basic VC (a black shape, couple of instruments if you were lucky), no real systems depth and I was certainly buying addon aircraft in the region of £30 just because (Shackleton, Vulcan etc) they were aircraft I wanted to fly in the virtual world. I didn't care that the only way to start the engines was Ctrl+E, I actually enjoyed my time in the sim.

Back to today, the SP is probably out in the next few days. I hope it's good enough. I really do. I also hope that people will be a little more realistic with their expectations and look at this addon with fresh eyes. It really is pretty good in term of modelling and systems depth and if you want something equivalent to airliner-standard simulation you really should shell out a few tens-of-thousands of pounds on a professional cockpit and systems simulation rather than sticking with a 'cheap' home PC simulator. I know that's what I'll be doing when I win the lottery next week.

Paul.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Delta558 said:

is the kind of comment that really pisses people off, after they have been spending their own time ('family time' after they finish their day job) sorting things out to make it work for you. Believe me, this is not a job that pays well - roughly £2 per hour, I'd say, and that does not include after sales support and extra work on SPs etc. It is actually done primarily as a hobby and to (hopefully) enable people to get some enjoyment from the sim. This is not a 'Level D' sim, but I think it has evolved into a very good simulation of the aircraft (at least, the rated pilots on the test team seem to think so!)

@Matty260191 I apologise in advance if this seems like a rant towards you - it's aimed more generally, you just hit the 'trigger sentence'. I think there are a lot of people that expect perfection from an addon which costs a little more than the base sim, and which doesn't cost much more in real terms than the addons we were buying back in the days of FS9. Think of the functionality levels back then: basic VC (a black shape, couple of instruments if you were lucky), no real systems depth and I was certainly buying addon aircraft in the region of £30 just because (Shackleton, Vulcan etc) they were aircraft I wanted to fly in the virtual world. I didn't care that the only way to start the engines was Ctrl+E, I actually enjoyed my time in the sim.

Back to today, the SP is probably out in the next few days. I hope it's good enough. I really do. I also hope that people will be a little more realistic with their expectations and look at this addon with fresh eyes. It really is pretty good in term of modelling and systems depth and if you want something equivalent to airliner-standard simulation you really should shell out a few tens-of-thousands of pounds on a professional cockpit and systems simulation rather than sticking with a 'cheap' home PC simulator. I know that's what I'll be doing when I win the lottery next week.

Paul.

WOW. All I will say is that its not a “cheap” add on so yes people do expect a lot. Im not sure what you want people to say about the debs working in their spare time.  I guess its a business so thats not really something people think about. Ill say that the fix list will have made the jet much mire enjoyable to fly.  

As I said, not specifically aimed at you @Matty260191 simply a more general comment about people's expectations against the reality of the situation. So far this year, 3 family funerals and involved in a major incident in work only this week - it kind of puts things in perspective.

3 hours ago, KLM_E195-E2 said:

Will the SP1 be included as part of the product? I haven’t bought the E-jet but I’m thinking about buying it once SP1 is released!

The installers will be fully updated to include the SP.  Prior to SP release date purchasers will need to download the updated planes.  This is how feelThere has always done things.

33 minutes ago, BoeingG said:

Who knows? They said they're in the final stages of testing, although that was several days ago.

I wish they'd at least give us a rough timeframe.

I think that it should be released by the end of the week.

Also on Facebook they said that it will be released soon.

But I do not know, let's be patient and wait for an official statement.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 1:48 PM, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

We are done with the SP, but found some very minor issues with some textures. The SP likely will be released next week. 

Thank you

Vic

Great news, can't wait for this week!

Thank you very much for the statement and for your hard work!

On 3/18/2020 at 9:58 AM, scoobflight said:

The installers will be fully updated to include the SP.  Prior to SP release date purchasers will need to download the updated planes.  This is how feelThere has always done things.

Is the load manager feature listed on the website the default P3D one?