The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UniformAlpha2014

STB incompatible with AI Separation

Hello, 

after the latest update 4.2.2020.4000, STB is causing some strange things in my sim. The following situation:

P3Dv4, Aerosoft EDDF with edited AFCAD, AIGAIM traffic, STB and AI Separation. Weather and Shaders shouldn't have an affect on this. STB and AI Separation have worked well together in the past. 

When AI arriving, they are sometimes too close together, without going around. Instead of moving them to the gate (as STB would do this), I use AI Separation to pull them few miles away, so that they all land safely. Now the strange part: In EDDF the plane, that gets separated, despawns immediately (STB says: diverted, FS State: terminated). I checked several things in my AFCAD, but they have enough space to park. Rwy is long enough and ILS and Approaches I didn't touch at all. 

I don't know why it does that, but it happens with the new update of STB. Is there anything incomp with AIS?

22 hours ago, UniformAlpha2014 said:

Hello, 

after the latest update 4.2.2020.4000, STB is causing some strange things in my sim. The following situation:

P3Dv4, Aerosoft EDDF with edited AFCAD, AIGAIM traffic, STB and AI Separation. Weather and Shaders shouldn't have an affect on this. STB and AI Separation have worked well together in the past. 

When AI arriving, they are sometimes too close together, without going around. Instead of moving them to the gate (as STB would do this), I use AI Separation to pull them few miles away, so that they all land safely. Now the strange part: In EDDF the plane, that gets separated, despawns immediately (STB says: diverted, FS State: terminated). I checked several things in my AFCAD, but they have enough space to park. Rwy is long enough and ILS and Approaches I didn't touch at all. 

I don't know why it does that, but it happens with the new update of STB. Is there anything incomp with AIS?

The way you describe the Ai deletion, that sounds like the simulator is deleting it for reasons unknown (there is no information about why the simulator would choose to do so)  If the aircraft is in "mid-air", I've never been able to relate such an event to lack of suitable parking, runways, etc but usually some other add-on or a simulator reality bubble concern.  You've disabled the part of STB that does approach separation anyway, so STB won't be delete in the scenario you describe.

It will be of little help but I've not changed any of the code in this area for years now, so it's hard to see how the latest update could contribute to the situation.  That said, what was your previous version before the update?

Otherwise I'm not aware of incompatibility with AIS.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks for your answer. I was testing around the last few days and I found out that neither STB nor AIS is the origin of the deletions. 

There is a new (at least new to me) function called Traffic Zapper by the latest version of FSUIPC5. The manual of FSUIPC says, that it deletes AI in some cases in a certain range. I think that should be the case at EDDF. Fun fact #1: If runway direction 25 is active, there are less deletions than on direction 07.

Anyway thanks for your help!

edit: Previous versions were: 2017.21200 -> 2019.12100 -> latest

FSUIPC has offered an AI traffic delete command since day 1 (of FSX, and perhaps before) for third parties that still use it as an interface to the simulator.  Maybe some application benefiting from FSUIPC is making the deletion requests.  Perhaps there's an FSUIPC log somewhere that notes such actions?

Simon