Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
etopsbr

Flaps and spoilers missalingned

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

It's due to the wingflex.

Well, the Gap may be, but the surface is missalingned. Also what it has to do with the spoilers? On the other wing it is opening just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, etopsbr said:

spoilers? On the other wing it is opening just fine.

Please share a pictures showing the spoilers on port and starboard sides in closed and full open positions (ie, four pictures in total).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking carefully at these images, the angle of view is slightly different between port and starboard wings, which could partly account for it, but there does seem to be some perspective error  on the port wing, particularly with the innermost spoiler. To me, the opening angle in flight looks more like the ground spoiler operation.

I am not convinced about the flap alighnment being due to wingflex. It looks much more like they are just not properly aligned when retracted.

I suppose many users would not notice either of these issues, but they detract from the good work done on this update, and really should not be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

Looking carefully at these images, the angle of view is slightly different between port and starboard wings, which could partly account for it, but there does seem to be some perspective error  on the port wing, particularly with the innermost spoiler. To me, the opening angle in flight looks more like the ground spoiler operation.

I am not convinced about the flap alighnment being due to wingflex. It looks much more like they are just not properly aligned when retracted.

I suppose many users would not notice either of these issues, but they detract from the good work done on this update, and really should not be there.

That's a huge difference to be appointed as a perspective of the shot. Any angle you look this thing is wrong. And I agree that the deflection angle is the same of the ground operation.

As of the wings, the gap is too big and the surfaces aren't alingned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think there are some significant errors in the modelling and rendering that should not be there. And other issues are still being reported after the SP.

I was very pleased with the v2 Ejets and built a cockpit around it, but this version, considering the price,  does not seem to meet current standards of performance or appearance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

Yes, I think there are some significant errors in the modelling and rendering that should not be there. And other issues are still being reported after the SP.

I was very pleased with the v2 Ejets and built a cockpit around it, but this version, considering the price,  does not seem to meet current standards of performance or appearance.

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the wings were neglected in this version (also reported by me in another thread).

The wings and trailing edge flaps are not modeled correctly to a point the e-jets v2 wing view looks better.

The leading edge however is really nicely done with the chrome/PBR effects.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

your post will be read. not all posts will result in an immediate response. when more information is needed a member of the feelThere team will make a request. ... please trust that when a solution(s) is available the information will be posted.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm reporting more wing/flap modelling issues on the E195 model only - 

Flap structure on right wing ONLY is incorrect - 261555853_Rightwing.thumb.gif.843815cbdc440396e34ea1c74e6b02a9.gif

 

Left wing is fine (in comparison) - 

1281216353_Leftwing.thumb.gif.6421bc409b298fadd8aadfe018a0dc14.gif

 

Speed brakes from back view completely missing when EXTENDED FULLY on left wing view only - 

573837742_Missingspeedbrakes.thumb.gif.835761d95ffeb13c2775ae4519684ca0.gif

 

The speed brakes on right wing view are fine and extending correctly.

 

Can someone please acknowledge these critical modelling issues will be fixed?

 

Thanks and stay healthy!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Speed brakes from back view completely missing when EXTENDED FULLY on left wing view only

Could you please re-test it again? If you look some other post someone just reported the opposite stating the left spoilers are OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Could you please re-test it again? If you look some other post someone just reported the opposite stating the left spoilers are OK

It depends on the angle which is weird, if I look back from the forward part of the cabin the spoilers appear fine.

It seems there is a general inconsistency of the wing parts/animation when looking from different areas of the aircraft.

From external view everything is good.

And another good point which was fixed in SP1 and wasn't mentioned was that now the engines can be seen from within the cabin when looking out to the wing view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any chance the modeling of the extended/enhanced winglets on the E175 getting looked at? They are much too swept and narrow compared to the real aircraft. For me it is a defining feature of the aircraft and thus has been one of the only reasons I haven't purchased it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shom,

 

About the missing spoilers:
Have you applied the SP1? Do they "re-appear"when closed ? is the aircraft on the ground or in the air at this point ?  Are the spoilers on both sides missing or just one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Shom,

 

About the missing spoilers:
Have you applied the SP1? Do they "re-appear"when closed ? is the aircraft on the ground or in the air at this point ?  Are the spoilers on both sides missing or just one ?

Yes this observation is done on SP1.

The aircraft is in the air and can the issue can be reproduced easily - look out towards the wing from the angle I've posted and as you extend the spoiler to max it will be visible throughout the animation until it reaches max position and at this point the spoiler suddenly disappears.

The spoilers do appear again when closed and the issue is on the left wing only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Same issue exists in the E175 as well, when speed-brake are extended beyond 75%. In the E175 the issue is on both wings:

 

98739258_E175speedbrakes.thumb.jpg.4ded4ca36d67c1398e9fe7798ee4f6cd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 10:48 AM, FeelThere said:

@etopsbr, @Shom can you please confirm these are interior views without editing the viewpoints?

I specifically changed the x,y,z settings in the aircraft.cfg file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the flap incorrect animation on the right wing of the E195?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shom said:

What about the flap incorrect animation on the right wing of the E195?

We are on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.