The simFlight Network Forums

Wow! Copenhagen/Katstrup just released

Avwriter

27 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

i wonder if  @battlehawk77  will do a week schedule i hope he does he does awesome schedules

He better had started on it a few months ago, because using current flight schedules is going to suck! Today, EKCH only had 27 departures and 27 arrivals for the whole day according to FlightAware.

@crbascott I'm working hard on it, but I have to do it in my spare time.

However, it will be quite a while before I get to EKCH, but that shouldn't be a problem, because you can rely on @battlehawk77. Fortunately, one person has agreed to do most of the research for the airports, so I can fully concentrate on the implementation. Most likely there will also be another person who will provide me with solid information. Nevertheless, after the research is completed, I still need (depending on the airport) 5 to 10 hours per airport for the implementation. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near 10 hours of free time per day. But no matter what happens, first of all I have to make sure that we get food on the table, then it is time for the Schedule Builder. And also the family needs a little attention from time to time. In addition, I don't own all DLCs which also leads to delays, as questions about a research result cannot be answered in real time, usually only after several days, because even the "Voluntary Research Department" does not have unlimited free time.

For me, it is now 4:20 a.m., and I think I can solve the problem of moving defunct airlines tonight. So on or shortly after this weekend you could already see the next airport or airports in the Schedule Builder. Cross your fingers! 😉

11 hours ago, EliGrim said:

However, it will be quite a while before I get to EKCH, but that shouldn't be a problem, because you can rely on @battlehawk77. Fortunately, one person has agreed to do most of the research for the airports, so I can fully concentrate on the implementation. Most likely there will also be another person who will provide me with solid information. Nevertheless, after the research is completed, I still need (depending on the airport) 5 to 10 hours per airport for the implementation. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near 10 hours of free time per day. But no matter what happens, first of all I have to make sure that we get food on the table, then it is time for the Schedule Builder. And also the family needs a little attention from time to time. In addition, I don't own all DLCs which also leads to delays, as questions about a research result cannot be answered in real time, usually only after several days, because even the "Voluntary Research Department" does not have unlimited free time.

For me, it is now 4:20 a.m., and I think I can solve the problem of moving defunct airlines tonight. So on or shortly after this weekend you could already see the next airport or airports in the Schedule Builder. Cross your fingers! 😉

Thanks for your dedication Eli.  Your work on this is very greatly appreciated.  We may not be the most effervescent bunch around, but please do not think your efforts have gone unnoticed.  As you expand to more airports, we will be using this too more and more. Thanks for your dedication Eli.  Your work on this is very greatly appreciated.  We may not be the most effervescent bunch around, but please do not think your efforts have gone unnoticed.  As you expand to more airports, we will be using this too more and more.  The same goes for Battlehawk 77 as well.  You guys are the best!

Andrew

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EliGrim said:

I don't think Craig was implying Eli that sadly, this may take much longer than we'd all like in relation to you getting this fully up and running.

I think he was implying that sadly traffic volumes in the real world will take a very long time to get back to where they were before this Global outbreak and sadly I think he is very correct in that statement.

@Pedantic G Now that you said it, I see it too. You're most probably right. That it didn't occur to me before, I blame my limited English skills.
On the other hand, I don't think it's so bad to have that statement out there. Should I ever be unable to meet an announced deadline, I can easily refer to it. 😉
I also want to make clear that I did not feel offended by @crbascott. Even if the statement was addressed to me, it matches my own wishes. I myself would have liked to have a lot more airports available in the Schedule Builder already.

@EliGrim My statement was definitely not addressed to you. As @Pedantic G mentioned, I was referring to the current state of air travel. 

My stance on community developed freeware schedules/tools is “you get what you get and don’t throw a fit”. So, what you do and when you do it is is totally up to you and you should not be pressured. Sadly, there are members that aren’t appreciate of what people do in their spare time. I’m definitely not one of those, and although I’m disappointed you would think I would call you out, I’m going to chalk it up as a translation issue. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

although I’m disappointed you would think I would call you out

Please don't be disappointed. I would never think that in a derogatory context of you.
I interpreted it as: "Too bad more airports aren't available immediately, would be nice."
Since I wrote two weeks ago that the pandemic had unintentionally given me more time, I thought it was a valid thought. But in the meantime I am back in my normal working life and just wanted to explain why it takes so long until a new airport is implemented in the tool.
I have a high opinion of you, and that will not change so easily. 🥰

• Upvote 1