The simFlight Network Forums

Arrivals an departures

Braf123456

I been playing tower 3d pro for awhile an I haven't really paid attention to this but is it just me or has other people noticed it when u do a schedule say for instance a u schedule a arrivals before a departure the time will start in the first departure not on first arrivals so say 

JFK,fra,748,lh,408,06:00,12:00,1,lh 

Fra,lhr,21n,lh,908,12:00,06:10,1,lh the game time will start at 06:10 instead of 06:00 can some explain why this happens

You may be able to get round this by starting the game earlier 
I used to play Heathrow the first departures are 05:50, but there are a few arrivals before this
I start the game at 05:00, so there are a few arrivals before the departures start

@Braf123456 - its amazing what you can learn when you pay attention. 
@mjkerr - Braf didn’t include the game in the subject line (who pays attention to forum rules anyway) but he’s talking about T!3D which always starts with a departure. Since you mention Heathrow, your experience must be from T!2011 which in this case is not applicable. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, crbascott said:

@mjkerr - T!3D which always starts with a departure. Since you mention Heathrow, your experience must be from T!2011 which in this case is not applicable. 

So even if there are arrivals between 05:00 and 06:00, they will not appear until the first departure at 05:50
What happens between 05:00 and 05:50 ?

3 hours ago, mjkerr said:

So even if there are arrivals between 05:00 and 06:00, they will not appear until the first departure at 05:50
What happens between 05:00 and 05:50 ?

If you start a session at 05:00, the game looks back approximately 15 minutes to find a departure. If there are no departures between 04:45 and 05:00 it then fast forwards to the first departure. So, to directly answer your question, nothing happens between 05:00 and 05:50.

@crbascott has already answered it, but now I have already made the screenshots and answer anyway. 😊

One simple scenario:

- First departure is AA589 at 16:45. There are no departures prior to that time.
- There are arrivals between 13:29 and 16:59 in the schedule.

ans_frm_brk_01.jpg.6b86addf853b2182c0d0d1732a6f5ddb.jpg

- If the session starts at 16:00, the game jumps to 16:45 for the first departure.

ans_frm_brk_02.jpg.7aa92e636eb33e895db4f898dc7e4fc7.jpg

- If there are no departures in the schedule for the starting hour, this will cause problems.
- If the session starts at 14:00, like here, it breaks the game with flickering background and other graphics errors.
- In this case, the game has jumped to 06:12 and only arrivals are coming in, although there are no flights in the schedule before 13:29.
- In my case, the game crashed after a few minutes.

ans_frm_brk_03.jpg.6a9de2c472f0724dbedf301b671ebd3b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashman99 said:

You can always add a simple GA departure before the arrival you want to see come in to get around those issues. I know it's not what you want to hear. But a possible outcome until something changes if it does change. 

Yep, there's a lot of unrealistic workarounds one can do. But as these have kept keep adding up what was once a simulation has become just a game.  

Until something changes? What is possibly going to change?  

8 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

I would like to see Heathrow 

How would the issue outlined above be resolved?
I only have T2011 Heathrow, and start the game at either 04:00 or 05:00, so that by 05:30 the arrivals stack has been created
As I understand it the game would start at 05:50 but by this time there is already a stack of arrivals

A few times I have also started the game at 15:00, which is the swap over between the runways 
It takes about 20 minutes for the arrivals stack to be created

2 hours ago, mjkerr said:

How would the issue outlined above be resolved?
I only have T2011 Heathrow, and start the game at either 04:00 or 05:00, so that by 05:30 the arrivals stack has been created
As I understand it the game would start at 05:50 but by this time there is already a stack of arrivals

A few times I have also started the game at 15:00, which is the swap over between the runways 
It takes about 20 minutes for the arrivals stack to be created

With tower 3d pro when the game cuts to to the first departure say for like the first departure is at 5:50 all the arrivals will backed up so u would be getting alot of arrivals 

Just my 2c worth,

The game actually starts running in normal time when the first flight strip is created.

• For incoming flights, this doesn't happen until about 1min 30 secs after they are scheduled to start, as they have to fly in to the 20 mile mark first.
  • For outgoing planes this happens immediately after they start, as they are created straight away.

So the incoming flight starts, as scheduled, and then flies towards the airport in real time. Meanwhile the timetable is being stepped through in 30 sec increments every frame, until a departing flight is found and started, which immediately creates a flight strip and the games starts running in normal time. As it only takes about 12 seconds to go through a full 24 hour schedule, it always seems like a departing flight is started first.

If you have no departing flights, and wait at the end of the loading screen for about 1 min and 30 seconds, then the first incoming flight will create a flight strip and the game starts running in normal time. However, by then, the games daytime has been advanced by about 7 and a half days and I'd guess that some parts of the game haven't been designed to handle times that far past the starting time.

Daniel