The simFlight Network Forums

Opinion required, limited funds, my next choice during this lock down, which one for International traffic, LFPG, EDDF, OMDB, KLAS or LEBL

MAW

Hi guys and gals,

Limited funds, after all its lock-down due Covid and laid off for a few months, looking to play something more International  than I have already have and looking for your opinions.

Which is better, LFPG, EDDF, OMDB, KLAS or LEBL?

Opinions including whats available so far as real world schedules to download and where would be great.

Thanks for your support and opinions.

P.S need the opinions now as desperate during this lock-down!

Thanks Delta,

I'm realistically looking for the most International airport of the bunch.

Heard some mixed reports about OMDB, not much International traffic using standard download, is there some good International schedules out there as would only imagine just Emirates and Fly Dubai as most of the traffic?

EDDF is about as international as it gets.  It and OMDB are the two I would pick up first, plus, OMDB is on sale (by far the best looking airport they have done.  Beyond that, LEBL has a fun layout that offers unique ground handling challenges.

Andrew

On 4/7/2020 at 8:23 AM, Avwriter said:

EDDF is about as international as it gets.  It and OMDB are the two I would pick up first, plus, OMDB is on sale (by far the best looking airport they have done.  Beyond that, LEBL has a fun layout that offers unique ground handling challenges.

Andrew

Is it just me or are there routing issues on LEBL?

28 minutes ago, iamblue91 said:

Is it just me or are there routing issues on LEBL?

From terminal 2, yes, that's "tricky" due to the limitations of the game. (Best practice for me: taxi on S towards PN, then re-route them via S, M, E1/D1 to 07R/25L.)

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, MAW said:

Which is better, LFPG, EDDF, OMDB, KLAS or LEBL?

What did you go with?
I went for EDDM and OMDB

I started with OMDB today
I have to agree, just like EGLL is predominantly BA, OMDB is predominantly EK and FZ

However, I have already found the Real Traffic Schedule is quite flawed
Starting at 07:00 was the best
Starting at 12:00 resulted in a gate clash
Starting at 06:00 has to be even worse, as no traffic between 06:20 and 7:00, even though the spreadsheet has about 30 movements
The main issue is the stands were already occupied!

I will try to obtain a Summer 2019 schedule, then create my own just like I did for EGLL

25 minutes ago, mjkerr said:

However, I have already found the Real Traffic Schedule is quite flawed

Real Traffic schedules are definitely weak but what you are also experiencing is a limitation/weakness of the current game engine. Between 06:16 and 06:59 there are no departures.

35 minutes ago, mjkerr said:

The main issue is the stands were already occupied!

And because the game loads 8 hours of flights the game engine has apparently filled all the available gates/terminals. This game engine won't spawn an arrival if there is not a gate available. As a result you won't see any arrival traffic again until planes start departing. In this case 0700, 07:04, 07:06, etc. 

To circumvent this game engine weakness, custom schedule makers can break down a daily schedule into 1-2 hour "snippets" that will minimize dropped or delayed flights due to gate availability issues..

33 minutes ago, mjkerr said:

Starting at 12:00 resulted in a gate clash

Schedules don't assign gates so this is more than likely a game engine issue.