The simFlight Network Forums

Would you be interested to see the updates for Tower!XX?

FeelThere_Vic

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

From a pure tower perspective, the return to airport situations aren't that much different than a go around - at least for the size of airports we see in T!3D. The bulk of the actual return to the airport work is handled by departure and approach controllers. Obviously, once on the ground there is some special handling but I don't foresee that happening. But you never know.  

Good points Craig.  It's deceptively easy to forget that departure/approach is not a part of it when I'm not actually playing.  I guess to really throw a wrench in the works, we need for departing planes to get out to the runway and then then ask to return to the gate for whatever reason.  The occasional  rejected takeoff might also add in a little chaotic fun 🙂 

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Oh wow, i havent played for quite a while and decided to have a look in the forum these days!

This looks and sounds veery good so far, i´d love to see some more of the weather or some airport views as soon as you have something to share 🙂

Thanks for the insight ^^

Wow, the weather already looks way better. There definetely need to be new ground textures/lights and new buildings. But as you said, you are in development.

But the old airport already looks quite good with just some new weather in place 🙂

@FeelThere Vic so far the visuals are looking really great.  I am hoping that you will be able to showcase some of the new and improved "game-play" features soon(TM).  Are there user selectable options for the new weather that you are showing?  Will there be options for selecting the FeelThere airline schedule vs Real Schedule without having to install and uninstall Real Schedule?

Thanks for sharing.

5 hours ago, FeelThere said:

We are still using the "old" airports as we are developing brand new materials for the airports itself, but let me show you some drying concrete after the rain 🙂 257434380_Screenshot2020-05-04at14_54_31.thumb.png.f5b98afecbba9b97dfeee3566aa0be15.png 

i can't wait for this update anymore 😄 

5 hours ago, FeelThere said:

let me show you some drying concrete after the rain

This airport needs to be closed immediately by the local authorities! 😉 The weather effects are still in an early state of development, right?
This massive semi-transparent lake can't be the final result. Drying concrete after rain looks quite different in the real world.

But I don't want to be overcritical either. Much more important to me than the graphics is the (as free as possible) communication with the pilots, instruments/systems that come close to reality and realistic behaviour of pilots, aircraft and ground vehicles.

Will you publish a roadmap so that we can follow the development progress and get an idea of what you plan to include in the new version?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but the old airport buildings and ground textures aren't doing it for me. The new plane models just get lost in the drabness. However, for whatever reason, the area surrounding the airport looks better to me. But from a pure graphics perspective thus far, and I know it is early still, my excitement level is at about 5 or 6 out of 10. Overall, I'll need to be closer to a 9 in order to purchase along with the confidence that development support (for what I hope is a sim and not a game) won't be dropped after a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatris said:

i can't wait for this update anymore 😄 

Sorry, but you are just going to have to wait. Looks like it might be a year or two before the infield dries and the airport is usable. 😉 

First it was the pandemic and now it's the FeelThere Flood. When will it stop?!?

• Haha 2

Craig,

Looks like someone else is inundated other than the airport. 😄  Hope all is going well considering the world situation.  I am with you that I really want to see the changes in features other than the better textures.  Especially the features that increase the simulation quality.  Take care.

• Thanks 1

well this looks like KLAX only thing i notice in these photos of the next version is that there are no jetways to connect to the planes which i am sure will be added to eventually but other then that the graphics look great to me a lot better then what we have now.

22 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

well this looks like KLAX only thing i notice in these photos of the next version is that there are no jetways to connect to the planes which i am sure will be added to eventually but other then that the graphics look great to me a lot better then what we have now.

Vic mentioned earlier that the first picture was from KLAX and the viewpoint hasn’t really changed.

No argument that it’s “better then what we have now”. But isn’t that a low measuring stick considering this is a brand new version that will cost between $XX and $XXX when all is said and done?

Quoting FeelThere: "We are still using the "old" airports as we are developing brand new materials for the airports itself, but let me show you some drying concrete after the rain 🙂 "

So the airports showing in the pictures is not the Tower3DXX ones, therefore bad textures and polygons. The atmosphere, shaders and lightning though is the effect from Tower3DXX.

(Correct me if I am wrong).

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, EliGrim said:

This airport needs to be closed immediately by the local authorities! 😉 The weather effects are still in an early state of development, right?
This massive semi-transparent lake can't be the final result. Drying concrete after rain looks quite different in the real world.

But I don't want to be overcritical either. Much more important to me than the graphics is the (as free as possible) communication with the pilots, instruments/systems that come close to reality and realistic behaviour of pilots, aircraft and ground vehicles.

Will you publish a roadmap so that we can follow the development progress and get an idea of what you plan to include in the new version?

Indeed it will look different once we add the new airports. The current airports aren't mapped for real reflection so they are reflecting everywhere. This is one of the reason why we are not yet sure how we can address backward compatibility. 

Roadmap? Yes, I would like to have something like that. Either a blog, or some screenshots like these, but I would like to keep you in the loop for sure. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crbascott said:

I'm sorry, but the old airport buildings and ground textures aren't doing it for me. The new plane models just get lost in the drabness. However, for whatever reason, the area surrounding the airport looks better to me. But from a pure graphics perspective thus far, and I know it is early still, my excitement level is at about 5 or 6 out of 10. Overall, I'll need to be closer to a 9 in order to purchase along with the confidence that development support (for what I hope is a sim and not a game) won't be dropped after a year. 

Craig,

No point to even comment on the airports. These are placeholders, you wont see them in the new version.