The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 for P3Dv5 (and P3Dv4); FSUIPC5 to be retired from sale

FSUIPC6 will be released in the coming days. This version of FSUIPC6 will be valid for P3D versions 4 and 5.

With this release, FSUIPC5 will be retired from sale. We will continue to support FSUIPC5 (as always, latest version only) via this forum, as we still do with FSUIPC4 and earlier versions. I will also continue to apply bug-fixes and any new features added to FSUIPC6 (for P3Dv4) to FSUIPC5 until the end of the year, at which time FSUIPC5 will be frozen for new development.
It may still be updated after this period if required by any subsequent P3Dv4 releases.

There will be a substantial discount on FSUIPC6 for FSUIPC5 license holders, with the price of the upgrade to be around the £10 mark.

FSUIPC6 will come with a new installer that will
  - support both DLL.xml and add-on.xml integration methods
  - allow either a single or dual installation for those users running both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5
  - optionally install some additional freeware tools (the FSUIPC SDK, HiDScanner, FSInterrogate2)

What does this mean for existing customers?

1. For registered FSUIPC5 users who are staying with P3Dv4 there is no change - bug-fixes and updates will be provided until the end of the year and support via this forum will continue as usual.

2. For registered FSUPC5 users who will be switching to P3Dv5 and require FSUIPC, then they will need to purchase FSUIPC6 for the upgrade price. For those users who have recently (i.e. on or after 1st February 2020) purchased FSUIPC5 but will be updating to P3Dv5,  I will supply a free license if you PM (or email) me your registration details (order number and date). As always, PLEASE DO NOT publish your key details in any public forum (or your key will be banned). This free upgrade offer is valid until the end of May 2020 only.

3. For unregistered users of FSUIPC5, it is recommended to update to FSUIPC6 (as this is a free upgrade)

John

Edited by John Dowson
Time-limit free licence offer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4