The simFlight Network Forums

Compile Airports Database

Hello, a long time user and fan of STB.

P3D v4.5 user.  Latest version of make runways installed 

Recently, when I have tried to compile the Airports Database with the Data Server (latest versions of both the program and server installed), I noticed during the compile that the program is reading the standard xml and csv files from within the simulator.  No issue there.     But then the only traffic file that appears to be read is the trafficcarriers.bgl.   Normally, all the flightplans are read from my scenery file located outside the sim.   This compile is taking only an instant because I believe only one file is being processed.     Normally, the compiler reads all the bgl's.  

Traffic is appearing on the client, I believe as it should.   But somehow, it appears to me that all of the customized plans are no longer being read.   

Suggestions? 

JH

To investigate, I'll need.

1) A copy of your addons.cfg from the Prepar3D Application Data Folder and Program Data Folder

2) A copy of your scenery library

3) Set up verbose tracing as per Appendix C of the user guide, recreate the problem, and send me the trace file created.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks Simon, I should have mentioned in the OP that I had, in the last couple of days, changed the folder structure of my addons.  Those changes were captured and saved in the Lorby SI tool.   Things appeared to be working okay, but I'm a bit baffled.   It's like the compiler is reading from the default scenery location.  

John

I figured it out I think.    Changing the trace to information showed there was a problem with the Discovery entry in the add-ons cfg.    I removed it and the compiler is working the way it used to. 

There's a whole bunch of other information, but I'm not sure exactly what that means.    STBDataServer.Trace.txt

Hi
Glad to here the trace was useful to  you, and thanks for taking the trouble to look through it.  Yes, there's a whole load of debug information in there, it's essentially the best tool I have for diagnosing end user problems.  I tend to use Prepar3D itself now to manage my add-on.xmls etc, and I keep anything I'm not using for a particular flight to disabled.  My preference is to put the add-on.xmls into my documents, but again on a small number of them relevant to what I'm doug at the time.  When I want to do something different, I just rotate the files in and out.  

Thanks
Simon

I figured it out I think.    Changing the trace to information showed there was a problem with the Discovery entry in the add-ons cfg.    I removed it and the compiler is working the way it used to. 

There's a whole bunch of other information, but I'm not sure exactly what that means.

Yeah, I think this is it. It's kinda like making service which will have all the information from all the airline companies in one, ( like here: https://airbusinessclass.com/popular-destinations/france ), and will give the customer only the needed information about air flight he asked or the looking price, the cheapest - if he wants.

Edited by glogin48