The simFlight Network Forums

E145 Flying at speed / alt

Pstlpete

Flying the 145. I'm at alt. 350. Speed is in CRZ mode. Speed has degraded to the point that i'm getting a stall.135/145 knots. I know that I have some setting askew but i'll be damned if I can figure it out. Thottles are at 84.6, speed at 135 yellow. What am I not doing correctly????

--

Mods edit subject line to reflect the product

6 hours ago, scoobflight said:

What Flightsim program? FS9? FSX?

Real world weather?

Air temp at altitude?

Are you adjusting the thrust ... ERJs don't have autothrottles.

Can you reproduce this situation? Did this happen once or every time you fly the sim?

P3D

REX products

No idea of temp, can try to reconstruct.

Throttle floorboarded. In CLB mode. Stuggles to maintain speed until stall.

This is the second time. Almost as if the a/c wasnt meant to fly at these high altitudes. As far as a flight reproduction, I could fly this again. The flight is from KBRO - KMIA

NowPA.pln

5 hours ago, scoobflight said:

So you are in climb ... not at cruise?

Climb mode not Cruise, thats corrct.

5 hours ago, scoobflight said:

FL37 would be to high for KIAH  but my destination is KMIA.

14 minutes ago, Pstlpete said:

but my destination is KMIA.

Yeah looks like I looked at the first leg, which was done with an ERJ v the 737 that continued on to Miami.  Bad time at the moment to look for real world examples.

14 minutes ago, Pstlpete said:

Climb mode not Cruise

What pitch is the autopilot commanding ... should be under 500'/minute.

What IAS is being commanded?

What was the air temp?  Is important as if bad data sent to sim and it was unrealistically high the plane wouldn't be able to climb.

If you can reproduce share a screenshot showing PFD, MFD and autopilot panel at periods during climb.

• 2 months later...

"Scoobflight" please excuse me not getting back to you as that was not my intent. Although for the most part I have roughly figured out what needs to & flights seem to procide as  they should. I am still a bit light at end of flight but lets see if i cant figure that out. Any further questions will be asked here as I really appreciate your knowlegable help. Please again, except my appologies for not getting back to you sooner.