The simFlight Network Forums
Jim Coon

SID/STAR/TRANS window not opening (no final answer)

After making my base flight plan, I try opening the SID/STAR/TRANS windows to select, and it wont open/display.  I think it's hidden behind the map window, but I don't know how to bring it to the front.  

This is a new problem,  before now this problem didn't exist.

Windows 10 64bit

Windows 10 64 bit
FSUIPC 4.974 
FSX SE
FSC (not networked)  V-10.6 Build 08-08-2019, Navigraph AIRAC-1906 Rev. 1 - May 23-Jun 19/19, download version
2 monitors, FSC used on secondary monitor

This is a new problem,  before now this problem didn't exist.

I forgot to ask what has changed in the meantime.
The FSCommander has no artificial intelligence and changes any settings independently.
This also applies to any changes to the hardware.

Unfortunately I cannot verify your problem.
If the problem was caused by the FSCommander, there will certainly be the relevant postings here.
I recommend the following attempt:
Physically remove monitor 2 and restart the PC with only one monitor.
Start the FSCommander again and then report the result here in the forum.

Volker

Tried that with one monitor, and no difference.  I changed nothing when this started happening.  I tried reinstalling the program, no dice.  The attachment shows that the popup window is visible as a choice when I hover over the task bar, but not visible in the application.  Can you give me the file locations for all FSC files so I can manually delete all of them, and any registry entries.  Maybe doing a 100% clean reinstall will fix it.  Well, I tried to attach a screen shot, but there is a 20 kb limit, and when I reduce the image to that level it's so distorted that you can't see it.  I just discoverd the navigation window is not visible as well.  I've totally reinstalled the program as administrator 3 times now, and the problem persists.  I've changed resolution, disconnected monitors, etc..and the problem persists.  When I hover over the Icon on the task bar they are visible, but not in the program.  I thought maybe they were off the desktop, but every recovery method I found on the internet to recover them isn't working.  I'm totally stumped.  Do these popup windows run outside of the main map display?

Edited by Jim Coon
update to last statement

I changed nothing when this started happening.  I tried reinstalling the program, no dice.  The attachment shows that the popup window is visible as a choice when I hover over the task bar, but not visible in the application.

Your description of the situation leads me to ask you this question:
Are you absolutely sure that you haven't swapped the monitors or their connections on the graphics card in the meantime?

Run the FSCommander again and select Sid / Star / Trans windows one after the other. Close the FSCommander.
Then send me the complete FSC subfolder /SUPPORT zipped to my email address.

You can find my e-mail address here ...
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/87556-important-information-information-importante-wichtige-information/