The simFlight Network Forums

No timeline to share sorry to say, bigger things going on right now which affect us all.  Contributing to the problem is V5 does not really offer much new compared with previous, in fact anything that STB can take advantage of, I feel it's having its fair share of problems as an initial release and I haven't even mentioned MSFS yet...

That said, if we are lucky it might just work anyway as SimConnect should be backwardly compatibly?  The other touch points are in things like the add-on.xml strategy which is not delivered through an API and the hook into one of the DLLs we use to delete AI, another sin that I wish would be fixed in SimConnect.

Simon

I have taken a look at this, and while all the simulator folders are different for P3DV5 as you would expect, we do connect to P3DV5 and display AI flights!  I've started laying out a GitHub repository for STB V5 for Prepar3D-V5 which is the vital change control step to enable anything else.  Once that's done I'll look to see what specific changes are required, and if any functionality is no longer supportable in the simulator.

This will be a slow burner.  In my day job I'm working on health care projects right (first time in that sector) so you can imagine that takes priority of my entire life right now.

Stay tuned, news as I have it!

Thanks
Simon

1 hour ago, Psybear2 said:

No rush expected. Besides, it seems like a hotfix or 2 or 3... are in the works for v5 anyway.  Stay well and thanks for all you do.

C

Agreed, there are some great features in there but they are just nowhere near mature enough yet.  Unless something changes, I can't see it becoming my main sim platform until hotfixes are on the way with new content.  And that's without even thinking about when the next MSFS is available, which will be a day 1 purchase for me.  Still waiting for the alpha despite being accepted onto the developer program....

1 hour ago, unc1rlm said:

My STB seems to be working fine in P3Dv5 and networked too....:)

BobM.

I think the Simconnect part, connect to the simulator, is the most likely part to work with the fewest issues.  Other things which rely on stuff outside of SimConnect, like registry keys, appdata and program data folders as used by airport compliation for example will not work (unless you've "faked" P3DV5 folders to masquerade as their V4 counterparts).

Well if the rest of it as anything as good as the eye candy, a revolution is in sight.  Alpha to onside, Asobo are setting the pace in terms of customer engagement.  Not seen anything like it since Phil Taylor dared to step into the eyelight after the debacle of FSX RTM.

Simon

11 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

Hi 

Would you please make a very quick dirty update so I can make it work with V5?

Or tell me how to fake the folders please? 

No I don't do quick and dirty updates I'm sorry to say, they always create more problems than they are worth

I was speculating on what might work to make Prepar3D V5 to masquerade as a Prepar3D V4 system, so I do not have a procedure to actually do so.

Thanks

Simon

I'm not sure if this is v5 compatibility-related, but I am getting this error when Compiling Airports in v5:

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

As a result of this error, the default airport database will be used.  The default database does not contain flight schedules, airport data (runways and parking) or airport names you may have customized.  This may result in incorrect flight numbers being displayed, incorrect departures schedules for aircraft moved to the stand by approach control, and flight distance data will be more limited. 

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at FLW.STB.Utilities.FileHelper.ExpandPath(String relativePath) in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\Utilities\Utilities\FileHelper.cs:line 346
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.FsxStyleAircraftCompiler.SearchSimObjects(SimContentConfigItem configItem) in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\FsxStyleAircraftCompiler.cs:line 242
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.FsxStyleAircraftCompiler.CompileAircraft(ISimContentDatabase db) in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\FsxStyleAircraftCompiler.cs:line 46
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AircraftCompiler.Compile(ISimContentDatabase db) in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 231
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.LoadAircraft(ISimContentDatabase db) in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 644
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.PerformCompileSteps() in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 215
   at FLW.Simulator.Objects.AirportCompiler.Compile() in C:\_Data\Google Drive\Visual Studio\Flight Simulator\STB\STB V4 for Prepar3D\Common\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 170

Exception Handler Type: None

1 hour ago, flyunited1979 said:

I'm not sure if this is v5 compatibility-related, but I am getting this error when Compiling Airports in v5:

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

What version of STB are you at?  The stack trace has references to old code locations no longer used by me in the build process.

21 hours ago, flying-w said:

What version of STB are you at?  The stack trace has references to old code locations no longer used by me in the build process.

I'm still on 4.2.2019.12100 but I purchased STB so long ago I can't find my original purchase information to install the latest version 4.2.2020.04000.

Is that something you can help me with?

14 hours ago, flyunited1979 said:

I'm still on 4.2.2019.12100 but I purchased STB so long ago I can't find my original purchase information to install the latest version 4.2.2020.04000.

Is that something you can help me with?

You should be able to download the update from my website (supertrafficboard.com) and install.  So long as you have the base product already installed already, you are good to go.

7 hours ago, flying-w said:

You should be able to download the update from my website (supertrafficboard.com) and install.  So long as you have the base product already installed already, you are good to go.

I tried it but for some reason the update installer says STB is not installed (probably a registry issue)?
Clearly I have the program and am running it, so I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any help would be really appreciated!

It seems the only thing to do is to run the full installer but I don't have my original purchase details anymore to download the full version.

Can i make a suggestion....if you purchased STB aka Super Traffic Board...lol....if you use gmail...do a search...you may be surprised that you will have an email with the download information..serial etc..just a suggestion....Alot of times if I loose a serial etc..I do that and i find it..

Best of luck,

BobM.

To be fair to everyone, I need to verify.  Please advise where you purchased from and the email address (by private message please), and I'll check my records.  If you have an invoice or receipt, all the better.

Thanks

Simon