The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to Register Widefs using FSUIPC6

I am having problems registering my WIDEFS using the new installer. If I register them both in the boxes then only WIDEFS shows as registered and not FSUIPC!

If I register just FSUIPC then it says that WIDEFS is not registered.

The readme states "Please note that if you are re-running the FSUIPC6 installer to register your WideFS key, then you also need
to re-enter and re-register your FSUIPC6 key. This is necessary as registration will re-generate your key file
and the FSUIPC6 key will be missing if you do not include this"

I cant rerun the installer as it uninstalls everything again and I keep going round in circles.

Please help.

Many thanks

Keith

14 minutes ago, kgmann said:

If I register them both in the boxes then only WIDEFS shows as registered and not FSUIPC!

Are you entering both FSUIPC6 and WIDEFS keys and clicking the 'Register' button? If you do this, you should get two pop-ups, confirming registration success or otherwise for each key. What do you see?

14 minutes ago, kgmann said:

I cant rerun the installer as it uninstalls everything again and I keep going round in circles.

It doesn't matter - it will just remove and re-install.

There were some changes made to the installer earlier today, to handle WideFS registration without FSUIPC6 registration. I've just checked here and registering just one or the other seems to be functioning correctly. Could you try downloading the latest installer and running again please.

Thanks,

John

Are you both using a different name and/or email address for each product? If so, I can see the problem and will fix it shortly. The installer is also writing the WideFS name/address to the key file for FSUIPC6 instead of the correct ones. You can manually change this by editing your FSUIPC6.key file, and put the correct Name and Address for FSUIPC6. Otherwise, I'll upload a new installer shortly with this corrected.

Sorry about this....

John