The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6

Ah, ok - thanks Luke. But there is nothing I can do this in the installer, except perhaps by handling the error better. I'll look into it. I'll also update the installation manual to include this info.

John - try changing that setting to 'on' and then re-running the installer. to see if it works. You can always revert back afterwards.

1 hour ago, John Noe said:

I turned off everything

You should have just turned off documents, and selected the others as required.

Could you also try creating an FSUIPC6 folder in your Documents folder (OneDrive) to see if it installs with this pre-created?

I'll look into this over the weekend, and maybe default to a Documents folder under the installation directory if it can't create one in the Documents folder.

I can also make the documents available to you separately  if you like, although please try the above first.

John

1 minute ago, John Noe said:

I tried just turning off documents and that didn't work either

Ok, thanks. An FSInterrogate document is also installed in the Documents folder if FSInterrogate is installed, so it may be that. The installer currently also aborts if it can't write to the Documents folder. I'll revise this over the weekend.

Would be good to know why it can't write there though - I'll do some tests on this over the weekend as well.

1 hour ago, John Noe said:

Wish, I could.  

I meant the updated one I posted above. It should hopefully work for your set-up, but its not easy for me to test this fix myself right now.

If you mean it's too late, then hopefully this issue will be fixed  the next time you install..

John, wish I could have tried the new file but other install issues led me to believe, my installation had some flaws  For me, it is just easier to start all over.  I have now redone everything including a naked reinstall of Win10 Pro, and both P3D 4 and 5.  Also the new FSUIPC6 and happy to report everything works great.

My OS is on C with both sims on E.  Heck I even fooled the PMDG 737Nu into P3Dv5.  Someday, I may actually fly this setup instead of mucking with software. Thanks for the help from you and your Dad.

John  

• 3 weeks later...