The simFlight Network Forums

Custom Schedule Issue

thepropilot747

@thepropilot747 I took parts of the Schedule Builder code, adapted and used them to analyze and correct/change your schedule; with the following result:

• Line 2, 474, 475 - blank line - corrected
  • Line 361 - missing comma - corrected
  • Line 159 - unknown airport - corrected (changed from QRD to QRO)
  • Line 460 - airport not found in RT - corrected (added IDN/AYID to airports.txt)
  • Line 374 - unknown aircraft - corrected (changed from E35 to ER3)
  • Line 464 - discrepancy, airline no airfreight carrier or not serving airport - corrected (changed from DO102 to K4402) (note: flight number changed by hand to avoid duplicate)

!!! Changes were made automatically. There is no guarantee that all errors have been detected or that the changes made are in the interest of the schedule creator. !!!

The following multiple assignment of flight numbers was detected. No changes were made. Multiple use of the same flight number for the same airline may be a potential problem, but not necessarily and may be intentional.

26 duplicates found

• AA522
  • NK1972
  • OO3169
  • MQ4063
  • OO3190
  • AA2266
  • OO3026
  • DL1243
  • YV5778
  • AA1622
  • MQ4150
  • YV5783
  • AA1047
  • MQ3339
  • YV5781
  • MQ3517
  • YV5817
  • AA1006
  • AA1376
  • AA1415
  • AA2684
  • AA2406
  • AA1425
  • AA20
  • AA1291
  • AA2708

Attached are the changed and generated files. (Terminal file is created using internal parameters and does not have to correspond 100% to reality!)

kdfw_auto-corrected.zip

Untested! No guarantee for correctness and completeness of the generated files!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

@thepropilot747 I took parts of the Schedule Builder code, adapted and used them to analyze and correct/change your schedule; with the following result:

• Line 2, 474, 475 - blank line - corrected
  • Line 361 - missing comma - corrected
  • Line 159 - unknown airport - corrected (changed from QRD to QRO)
  • Line 460 - airport not found in RT - corrected (added IDN/AYID to airports.txt)
  • Line 374 - unknown aircraft - corrected (changed from E35 to ER3)
  • Line 464 - discrepancy, airline no airfreight carrier or not serving airport - corrected (changed from DO102 to K4402) (note: flight number changed by hand to avoid duplicate)

!!! Changes were made automatically. There is no guarantee that all errors have been detected or that the changes made are in the interest of the schedule creator. !!!

The following multiple assignment of flight numbers was detected. No changes were made. Multiple use of the same flight number for the same airline may be a potential problem, but not necessarily and may be intentional.

26 duplicates found

• AA522
  • NK1972
  • OO3169
  • MQ4063
  • OO3190
  • AA2266
  • OO3026
  • DL1243
  • YV5778
  • AA1622
  • MQ4150
  • YV5783
  • AA1047
  • MQ3339
  • YV5781
  • MQ3517
  • YV5817
  • AA1006
  • AA1376
  • AA1415
  • AA2684
  • AA2406
  • AA1425
  • AA20
  • AA1291
  • AA2708

Attached are the changed and generated files. (Terminal file is created using internal parameters and does not have to correspond 100% to reality!)

kdfw_auto-corrected.zip 11.83 kB · 1 download

Untested! No guarantee for correctness and completeness of the generated files!

Thank you so much for your help and hard work. These are very petty things that I am really annoyed at missing. Everyone that assisted in this will get honorable mentions and while I haven't tested it 100% yet (i'll do it in the morning as it is the middle of the night where I am) I do think that it should work or at least help. Thank you!

I tested it. It works! Thank you for the help! Now I have completed the visual graph for the post and am basically done but there seems to be a gap of literally no flights at 01:00, 02:00, and only one at 03:00. Now the point of the schedule is to be like a COVID schedule when air travel is lower but for gameplay's sake should I add like one or two flights in those slots or keep them empty?

30 minutes ago, thepropilot747 said:

Now the point of the schedule is to be like a COVID schedule when air travel is lower but for gameplay's sake should I add like one or two flights in those slots or keep them empty?

Will adding just one or two flights really make someone want to play those hours? I say stick to your principles and to the main point of the schedule.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alright guys. Mission accomplished. I have posted the schedule and have PMed Pete_agreatguy to add it to his list. Thank you all for your help through the entire creation of this schedule. Have a great rest of your year and I hope to get working on my next schedule soon.  COVID 19 Density KDFW CUSTOM Schedule - ATC Simulators - The simFlight Network Forums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went through this thread hoping to find a solution to my problem too. 🤓

I have a custom schedule, works but when the game starts at nearest departure it goes forwards not backwards from start time ie: 00:00 --> 00:15 departure (not 23:55). Game then slams arrivals from 00:00-->00:15 at me. This happens no matter where I start the game goes back to the first arrival and is not following the clock.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Plane Coxswain said:

I have a custom schedule, works but when the game starts at nearest departure it goes forwards not backwards from start time ie: 00:00 --> 00:15 departure (not 23:55). Game then slams arrivals from 00:00-->00:15 at me. This happens no matter where I start the game goes back to the first arrival and is not following the clock.

Any thoughts?

The same happened with mine where whatever time I put the game would have a seizure and give me the same flight at a time I didn’t choose. It might not be the same problem but for me it was just some simple problems littered through the schedule such as missing comas, typos in IATA codes, typos in type of plane, and in general just small petty things that if went through with another look you could probably fix. Most of the people on the forum would also recommend you attach the file so they can look at it. Just from experience.

1 hour ago, Plane Coxswain said:

Any thoughts?

Bug.

I found what my problem was. Not enough gates. I was getting about 12 planes to land from 00:00 - 00:14. The plan landing at 00:15 showed up in the log as "No Free Terminal." This continued in the log for the next arrivals.

Now I have to figure out how to rework the schedule without maxing out the terminals 🥴

I was going to try your schedule.  However, I had to first fix three airplane type errors which involved having to totally exit and restart the game for each occurrence.  I then used the resulting output logs from each occurrence and various “airplane.txt” files to find and fix the problems.  Here is what I had to fix in order for me to get your schedule to load up and work:

1).BA 192, departure at 20:05, you have aircraft as “78X” but believe it should be “781” (at least that worked for me and I couldn't find A "78X" aircraft type anywhere).

2) YV 4134, arrival at 11:25, you have aircraft type as “CR4”, but believe you meant “CR9” (all the other YV aircraft are “CR9”s and I also couldn’t find "CR4" in any of my airplane files, including the most current Real Traffic).

3) As @Braf123456 noted G# 8200, arrival at 22:15, you have aircraft type as “MIF”, but should be “M1F”

After fixing the above, I tried approximately 20 minute sessions of game clock time for the 09:00, 13:00 and 18:00 start times.  Everything seemed to work fine. 

Is your schedule based on an actual schedule?  If not, then I would have liked to seen  an overall more even balance of arrivals and departures for a few of the hours that are really top heavy in either arrivals or departures (e.g., 11:00: 8 arr/32 dep;  12:00: 1 arr/32 dep; 13:00: 8 arr/35 dep, etc.).

21 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Actually for hour 11 I’m seeing 40 arrivals and 8 departures. Sure seems like it is out of balance - definitely not the norm for DFW.

@thepropilot747 I’d also suggest supplying your own (accurate) terminal file as your schedule has airlines that are not in the RT file. Not doing so will lead to dropped flights.

Yeah, it isn't that balanced but that is the real traffic movements of KDFW on November 26th 2020 (Thanksgiving), I screenshotted the flights from Flightradar24 also I do think all the airlines are in the terminal file. I checked all the ones that I wasn't familiar with myself. The only one that might not be there is the Viva Aero bus near the end which I will check.

3 hours ago, Ron C said:

Is your schedule based on an actual schedule?  If not, then I would have liked to seen  an overall more even balance of arrivals and departures for a few of the hours that are really top heavy in either arrivals or departures (e.g., 11:00: 8 arr/32 dep;  12:00: 1 arr/32 dep; 13:00: 8 arr/35 dep, etc.).

Yes, these were the real aircraft movements of KDFW on November 26th.

13 minutes ago, thepropilot747 said:

Yeah, it isn't that balanced but that is the real traffic movements of KDFW on November 26th 2020 (Thanksgiving), I screenshotted the flights from Flightradar24 also I do think all the airlines are in the terminal file. I checked all the ones that I wasn't familiar with myself. The only one that might not be there is the Viva Aero bus near the end which I will check.

Regarding the terminal file, I didn't check the entire file but I quickly found two that caught my eye - MRA and FDY, since they didn't fly tubeliners..

17 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Regarding the terminal file, I didn't check the entire file but I quickly found two that caught my eye - MRA and FDY, since they didn't fly tubeliners..

For me FDY is in GA and MRA is in a cargo area terminal. Do I need to make any changes regarding that? I changed all the Envoy planes to Republic so they aren't all white. 

6 hours ago, thepropilot747 said:

For me FDY is in GA and MRA is in a cargo area terminal. Do I need to make any changes regarding that? I changed all the Envoy planes to Republic so they aren't all white. 

If “for me” means they are already in your terminal file, then you are using a modded file (possibly from another custom schedule).

15 hours ago, crbascott said:

If “for me” means they are already in your terminal file, then you are using a modded file (possibly from another custom schedule).

Thanks, I have tested the schedule and it works. Will add extra terminal file just in case. The schedule was a success, thanks to all who helped. Once the schedule is posted I will link it here.