The simFlight Network Forums

FPS after update

flydk

After i updated the e 175-195 with sp1 my frames have been very bad jumping between 6 - 17 fps on the ground an in low flight , at cruise altitude they are ok in the mid 30`s, i did not have this issue before with the first release. I am a bit of a lost on what the problem might be, do not have any trouble with the AS airbus or Mj Q400 

Any ideas ??

• 2 weeks later...

+1 here as well. My experience of this seems to be at dusk/night. Daytime it seems ti be more stable and closer to normal FPS for my sim. If I fly out of KORD (FSDT V2) at dusk/night, I'm getting 4-7 FPS on the ground. As @flydknoted, in the air, it's fine.   I was flying into KMSY from KMIA arriving at dusk and the descent passing below 10000 ft,  FPS went from 30+ (stable) to 2-5 FPS on final and I had to disconnect from VATSIM as I could not finish the approach.

I can also report that if I select a view other than virtual cockpit (e.g. exterior), FPS returns to normal.  I've tried this with and without ChasePlane and it does not make a difference.

I love this a/c, but this issue is making it more difficult to enjoy the E175/E195 with the SP.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Did you adjust the refresh rate of the instruments?

Greetings,

Thank you for the reply. Here's my FPS settings in the EMB configurator.  As this is for all models and I don't seem to have the issue with the E170/E190, I didn't think that would be the place to look. Suggestions?

image.png.ce0f33a033ae2afe9ee48790d781d48c.png

On 4/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, FeelThere said:

If the model was properly optimised it should not be necessary to cut back on the instrument refresh rates. The poor frame rates have been reported over and over again.

The Ejets really need some more work to get them to a proper standard. I have been a great fan of FeelThere Ejets through versions 1 and 2, but my experience with version 3 has been disappointing. There are a number of reported faults since SP1, with little indication of anything being done about them.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:17 PM, FeelThere said:

I have. I first brought it down to 25 for each slider and then to 5. Stutters all the way. Load different aircraft same flight no issues.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:43 PM, ironcondor said:

Load different aircraft same flight no issues.

+1. Happened again last night. KORD-KBUF on VATSIM as SKW5321. Passed 10000 ft AGL around dusk with a low deck (4000 ft) with another 100% stratus layer at 6000. Started a long app for RWY 23, frames steady ~25-30. At DH for the APP (200ft) it was twilight, frames then quickly dropped to ~10, touchdown, KBUF on RWY 23 rollout, turned toward terminal and frames dropped to 2 fps. Then it became unmanageable. GPU spiked to 100% and was pegged thereafter (before it was in the 80% range). That seems to be one of the problem's symptoms.  Disconnected and flew the app with another payware a/c and frames were stable on the app, t/d taxi to the gate and thereafter.  

Another observation --- Could this be related in any way to the V/C (and dynamic lighting) since the update?  I still notice quite long load times for V/C textures, especially at night/dusk.  If I switch views from v/c, to spot, then back to v/c in this scenario it seems to affect the degradation. If I am able to get to spot view and pan up to the sky, it seems to stabilize until I change view back to v/c.

I wish we could get this sorted. I absolutely love this aircraft.

if it will help, my machine specs are :

Intel i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20GHz

ASUS X99-DELUXE II mobo
32 GB RAM DDR4-2133 1066.1 MHz
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080  8 GB 
Dual 4K Monitors - LG Ultra HD Model GSM5B09

2 x 2 TB Sabrent Rocket NMVe M.2 8220 SSDs
1 x 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
1 x 512 GB Crucial BX100 500GB SATA SSD

Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit

Prepar3D version is: 4.5.13.32097

Relevant addons:

KBUF - FlyTampa

ORBX Vector, openLC NA, Trees HD and Terra Flora

REX Sky Force for P3D v4

FS Global Real Weather (P3Dv4 Edition)

7 hours ago, FeelThere said:

The textures are higher resolution due to so many requests. You might wish to convert them to a lower resolution.

Thank you for replying. I'll try converting them using imagetool.exe from the P3D SDK. I think I'll start with the feelThere PIC E175\sharetexture\lighting folder. All/most of those textures all appear to be 4Kx4K, DDS format DXT5 Compression.  I'll convert to DDS5 DXT5 with 2048 resolution, no mips first.  After that, I'll have a go at the (what appear to be) VC textures in the \sharedtexture  folder. I'll let you know my results.

P.D.: For anyone who might be trying the same, I'll batch resize using PhotoShop's custom Action/Record and Automate as imagetool.exe does not (batch) resize.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Edited by Jeffrey S. Bryner
Adding info about resizing.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm interested to buy this set of aircraft for P3Dv4 (and future P3D5), but after looking at these reports about low FPS I'm doubtful about purchasing. Wouldn't be easier for Feel There to provide an alternate set of low-res textures to install in place of the HD-res in case someone is experiencing a negative impact on FPS?.

I'll put my purchase on hold until further notice.

Cheers, Ed

10 hours ago, Matty260191 said:

I have 0 issues like a lot of people. i suspect its specific to their systems.

I tend to agree that low FPS could be something related to system configuration and hardware.

Anyway, since you mention you don't have issues with performance, could you please post your system specs?.

Thanks in advance. Cheers, Ed

On 5/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, Matty260191 said:

9900k @ 5GHZ

32GB 3000MHZ VENGANCE RAM

2080TI

M.2 SSD's

I can see why you don't have any issues with performance. Good system, you should be happy with it.

Thanks, Ed

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

Thank you for replying. I'll try converting them using imagetool.exe from the P3D SDK. I think I'll start with the feelThere PIC E175\sharetexture\lighting folder. All/most of those textures all appear to be 4Kx4K, DDS format DXT5 Compression.  I'll convert to DDS5 DXT5 with 2048 resolution, no mips first.  After that, I'll have a go at the (what appear to be) VC textures in the \sharedtexture  folder. I'll let you know my results.

P.D.: For anyone who might be trying the same, I'll batch resize using PhotoShop's custom Action/Record and Automate as imagetool.exe does not (batch) resize.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Thanks for your hard work Jeff, if possible, it would be great to have a link to the 2K textures (with permission from FeelThere of course) when you are finished!

On 5/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, axelsubo said:

with permission from FeelThere of course

Greetings Axel,

Absolutely would have sought Feelthere's permission first. Thank you for mentioning it and thank you to @FeelThere in advance for their permission.

I'm still working on it, but bogged down a bit with the process using Adobe Photoshop and a combination of Custom Actions and File Automation tool using DDS files. Because DDS files are processed (on my system) in Photoshop with the NVidia Photoshop Plugin, it seems the resize part of the Action is not preserved by the Automation, so all files are the same size in the end. Still trying to find a way to do this for a DDS file and currently exploring NVidia Texture Tools.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

Still trying to find a way to do this for a DDS file and currently exploring NVidia Texture Tools.

OK, update to my update; I was looking into an old tool from Microsoft called texconv (texture converter), released as part of the Direct X SDK "in the day." MS re-released it as part of Azure Remote Rendering, but it lacks some capability. The legacy version was maintained and enhanced by a group of chaps and available on github. So, I converted all the textures with that version/edition and am testing. 

Jeffrey S. Bryner

On 5/25/2020 at 11:02 PM, Matty260191 said:

Yer instantly. Look at my YouTube. Search Matt Glover

Hi Matt,

I did look at your channel.  Wow, Lots of fly time indeed.  I noticed you almost exclusively fly the E190. The Service Pack was released for the 175/195 product and this thread is for that (post SP FPS issues). I don't see this issue on the E170/E190 on my machine either.

Best,

Jeffrey S. Bryner