The simFlight Network Forums
andydeforest

FSUIPC6 - Unexpected behavior with middle mouse view panning

Hello,

I have successfully installed FSUIPC6 into P5D, and all my axes are working as they did in P3Dv4. One thing that is bothering me, though, is I can't get the middle mouse view panning to work like it with previous iterations. It's much more sluggish, the vertical mouse controls are inverted (moving the mouse up pans the view down and vice versa), and I have to move the mouse back to the center of the screen to stop panning in whatever direction I was going.

I have Advanced Mouse Controls disabled, and when I disable the middle mouse view panning in FSUIPC, the middle mouse does not respond to anything, so I'm assuming there are no conflicting inputs.

Is this this expected behavior in FSUIPC6?

Andrew

50 minutes ago, andydeforest said:

middle mouse view panning

I'm sorry, but what is this? Do you mean Mouse look?

17 hours ago, andydeforest said:

Is this this expected behavior in FSUIPC6?

There have been no changes in this are in FSUIPC6, so I suspect that it is the underlying P3D functionality that has changed from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5. You can try FSUIPC6 with P3Dv4 and it should be the same as with FSUIPC5.

I haven't checked/compared this functionality in P3Dv4 vs P3Dv5 yet. I'll make a note and take a look in the coming days, after things have quietened down a bit!

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

Yes, mouse look is what I was referring to.

I tested FSUICPC6 in P3Dv4 and could not reproduce the behavior, so it must be something with v5. Thanks for the tip!

Andrew

Good evening,

Im new to FSUIPC6 and im having the same issue.  Mouse look acts as panning.  I often use it to zoom in and out and to look around while holding the middle mouse button, but looks like something changed in P3Dv5.  Is there a solution or workaround for this?  Thank you in advance. 

Manny