The simFlight Network Forums

P3D v5 and v4 COMPATIBILITY- status post LM May 2020 hotfixes

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

Our EMBv3 was  compatible with P3D5 with the exception of one plugin we use for the cockpit glass.  Until we implement SP2 to receive an update for this plugin from it's developer l, in addition to other aircraft updates, you can enjoy the EMBv3 under initial release of P3D5 (the version prior to Lockheed Martin's service patches) by modifying it a bit:

* Please go to the plane's panel folder and locate the file named "A2A_windshield.dll". Either rename it or remove it (after you made a backup) and the plane will work.

* Also we recommend adjusting the Mipmap VC textures under the Graphics setting.

Please note that Lockheed Martin's recent, late May '20, service patches to version 5 and version 4 of P3D have broken many components to the aircraft simulation. These new incompatibilities are being researched and service patches will be released once solutions are found.

At this time feel their recommends using a pre-May '20 version of P3Dv4.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

- Vic & feelThere team.

• Like 1

Hi Vic 

Just installed the emb in v5. It seems to work thank you for the workaround. However my PFD ND EICAS are very blurry I barely see anything. It almost seems like the resolution of the displays is very low. 

The VC itself is sharp and crisp. So what exatly do you mean with adjust mipmap settings? I can only see a tickbox.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hello, I was able to install and load the aircraft and it flies fine.  I noticed a greenish tint to the cockpit windshield that wasn't there in v4.  Not using any shader modifications or anything else like that.  This is in the E175 and is repeatable.

2020-4-17_19-58-40-567.thumb.jpg.a4415768680385f25f7b53b991ba3791.jpg

2020-4-17_20-42-14-936.thumb.jpg.70a5dfed09bf0895590dae85e7061da0.jpg

9 hours ago, scoobflight said:

This is the immediate solution (aka 'hotfix')

Could this information be posted by FeelThere on the FSElite Prepar3D V5 Upgrade Hub / Compatible Aircraft page (https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/aircraft/)?
The only FeelThere planes listed are the E13x/E14x. The V3 EJET is not on the list. A User confirmation of compatibility can be posted, but a post from FeelThere would be more official. 

We certainly want to get the word out to as many as possible that the V3 EJET can fly in the P3D V5 skies!

Best,

Jeffrey S. Bryner

22 minutes ago, follettj said:

Its extremely heavy on GPU memory in my initial looks, PMDG 737 runs at 3.0GB max but the e190/170 is running at high 4s aka 4.8GB.

This is the only aircraft I’ve flown so far where I ran out of VRAM.

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

This is the only aircraft I’ve flown so far where I ran out of VRAM.

You might want to go back and review Lockheed Martin's Minimum and Recommended System Requirements for Prepar3D V5.  Minimum VRAM is now 4GB (up from the 2GB minimum in V4) and Recommended is 8GB (as with V4), so no guarantee for addons, especially complex ones, if you're at the minimum. Prepar3D System Requirements: https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/ 

Thanks, I have a gtx1070 with 8gb, based on my vram usage I couldn’t imagine trying to run v5 even with 4gb.

Of course as it was with out of memory crashes with P3Dv3 and earlier, no one addon will cause the crash generally, but in my case so far this is the only aircraft that I was using when I ran out of vram so far.  It’s early days, I’m sure this will all get ironed out. 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, kgmann said:

How are we meant to install it into V5. The installer says to install into P3D V4 and doesnt say anything about V5?

OK I have found it....no worries

I'm still confused on how to install it in v5. Do I just copy the folders from v4 and make the edits for the glass cockpit OR do I run the v4 installer and force it to the v5 directory.

Thanks ... Richard

On 4/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

Could this information be posted by FeelThere on the FSElite Prepar3D V5 Upgrade Hub / Compatible Aircraft page (https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/aircraft/)?
The only FeelThere planes listed are the E13x/E14x. The V3 EJET is not on the list. A User confirmation of compatibility can be posted, but a post from FeelThere would be more official. 

We certainly want to get the word out to as many as possible that the V3 EJET can fly in the P3D V5 skies!

Best,

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Thank you!

Vic

It seems like a lot of aircraft are having issues with blurry glass cockpit displays.  I haven’t tried this fix on the E-Jets but it looks like it works on a variety of other aircraft:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573601-real-air-gps-fuzzy-in-v5/

In short, go into the panel.cfg, under [VCockpit##] look for pixel_size= and change the entry to 2048,2048 or 4096,4096 and see if that makes things more crisp.

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

A2a has updated their windshield.dll file, available for download at their website.

Hi,

Could you point to where you see the download?  I checked the forums and my A2A account and could not find it.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although there is this fix for running in V5. I seem to get problems with the aircraft running out of graphics memory. I can run other aircraft no problem in V5, but these aircraft are particularly heavy on graphics.

Are the developers, Feelthere,  working on optimizing these aircraft to run better in V5 without using the fix?

Thanks

Keith