The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS in both P3Dv4 and V5 possible ?

Hello Pete, John,

At this moment I have both P3DV4 and V5 installed. With my Prosim setup I use WideFS too.

WideFs server has been installed into v4.

I bought FSUIPC 6. If I install that one will it install in both sims ? 
And how do I get WideFS in V5 too while it also exists in V4 ?

While building up V5 I also would like to make flights with V4.

Thanks and best regards,

Gerard

41 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I bought FSUIPC 6. If I install that one will it install in both sims ? 

If you choose to. When you run the installer, you can select the P3D versions in which you want to install FSUIPC6. If you select both, you will have a single FSUIPC6 installation for both sims. Or you could just select v5 and just install it there, keeping FSUIPC5 for P3Dv4. Or you can run the installer twice, and have separate FSUIPC6 installations for each sim, up to you.

43 minutes ago, GSalden said:

And how do I get WideFS in V5 too while it also exists in V4 ?

WideFS is comprised of WideServer and WideClient. The WideServer element is built-into FSUIPC from version 4 onwards, so WideServer will be available when you run v4 or v5 with FSUIPC5 or 6. Just make sure you also register your WideFS key when you register your FSUIPC6 key.

45 minutes ago, GSalden said:

While building up V5 I also would like to make flights with V4.

That shouldn't be an issue. Maybe use separate installations initially while you do this. You can always combine them later (by just re-running the installer and selecting both sims to install into) if needed.

John