The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro Real Traffic not working

AdamTch

8 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Did you run the installer as admin?

I just saw this post. and read that we already had where I think.
Then someone told me that Real Coloer should always be run as an admin. I have been doing it since I had such a problem for the first time. I always install it as admin rights and it works.

My tip would be to run all installations as admin, then there will be no such problems.

22 minutes ago, Michi10 said:

My tip would be to run all installations as admin, then there will be no such problems.

A proper installer will ask for admin rights if needed. My advice would be to let Windows manage it. After all, you paid for the license, so Windows should work for its money. 😉

In this case, however, it was simply installed in the wrong place, as many players install Steam on their game hard drive rather than their Windows hard drive.
In addition, most users are also unaware of the Steam directory structure, as normally DLCs are installed directly from Steam and automatically into the correct location. Thus, there will be frequent problems with the installation of the T!3D add-ons.

18 hours ago, EliGrim said:

A proper installer will ask for admin rights if needed. My advice would be to let Windows manage it. After all, you paid for the license, so Windows should work for its money. 😉

In this case, however, it was simply installed in the wrong place, as many players install Steam on their game hard drive rather than their Windows hard drive.
In addition, most users are also unaware of the Steam directory structure, as normally DLCs are installed directly from Steam and automatically into the correct location. Thus, there will be frequent problems with the installation of the T!3D add-ons.

Actually, I meant that I do every installation with Admin and that I have no problems because it works great for me. Steam or not. You just have to look exactly what the installation software shows.

14 hours ago, crbascott said:

I've never run the installers as admin and never had problems.

As @EliGrim mentioned, this case and most other installation issues are due to the user choosing the wrong install location. We can only hope for intelligent installer(s) with the next version. 

That's right from you but some people don't look at what the computer shows him on the monitor and that's the same problem again and again. Most of what I notice during the installation is that I always look first where the game is installed because I have two types of installations a 😄 where my Tower 3D Pro is on and under H: I have Steam games folders and there are games on it which is over 2 GB. So I don't garbage my main hard drive and I still have enough free space.